Sr. Director, Technical Product Manager - Data Product Development
- Palo Alto, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, technology is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa processes 100s of millions of payment transactions per day and has one of the world’s most valuable data assets. The Visa Data Product Development organization (DPD) has the mission of unleashing the power of Data to drive global commerce. The DPD organization is responsible for the strategy, architecture, design and development of Visa's data and information products, including Business Intelligence & Analytics, Risk and Authorization, Loyalty, and Commercial products. . Our development teams are creating the next-generation of payment products and services that touches millions of people each day.
The Business Intelligence & Analytics division is seeking a highly energetic, passionate, technology enthusiast to build world class, next generation and innovative Data Products to enable Data driven decision-making, identification of opportunities as well as enabling our partners to be more successful.
The ideal candidate is a thought leader, with significant experience in customer/partner interaction, product management, familiar with development of the industry in cloud, big data, large-scale platforms, machine-learning domain, has exceptional organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills. Ultimately, they will be able to do whatever is required to make our engineering teams and our clients successful.
· BA/BS degree is required. Concentration in Computer Science, Business, or a related technical discipline. MBA and/or advanced technology degree is a plus
· 10+ years of industrial experience in the related areas
· 5+ years of strong product management experience on a large production line
· Exceptional collaboration and partnership skills with the ability to work in a global environment and drive consensus in cross-functional teams
· Experience demonstrating strong leadership, self-motivation and accountability
· Outstanding communications ability to a diverse customer audience, product, and technical stakeholders
· Strong customer service and relationship management skills
· Solid understanding of Data security, Data Quality, Business Activity Monitoring and
SLA driven insight delivery
· Passion for big data, including strong interest in data science, statistics, and analytics
· Fast learner on both technical side and business side
· Proactive sense of urgency and 'can do' attitude
· Strategic thinker who can balance big picture strategy with detailed, flawless execution
· Financial services and payments experience is a plus.
· Be a hands-on, technical product manager. The expectation is that you will be
leading by doing.
· Communicate technical and product issues and concepts to multiple organization levels and executive management
· Work with Engineering leaders and others to ensure that our team delivers the maximum possible impact.
· Create an environment in which engineers can grow and do their best work.
· Work on the most interesting and challenging problems in the payments space.
· Proactive sense of urgency and ‘can do’ attitude
- This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours and couple of hours in the night to coordinate with other global teams.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.