Sr. Systems Analyst (Production Support) - Hadoop
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for providing 24X7 Application Support across multiple Visa application
- Responsible for applying code and operation break fixes and other proactive maintenance activities to keep the services up and running
- Responsible for evaluating the Issues reported by Visa clients and members and providing ongoing solutions
- Responsible for managing the performance and tuning of several Visa applications
- Will be responsible for managing the service and ticket SLAs and managing the workflow to achieve the SLAs
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in CS, Engineering or related field such as programming or software engineering
- At least 6 years’ experience with ETL Processing and Batch jobs
- intermediate level of knowledge in Hadoop Ecosystem (Sqoop, Hive, HDFS File System/Partitioning, MapReducer, Spark and Impala, Oozie Workflow, Scala) and Data warehouse projects
- Intermediate level of knowledge on UNIX/Linux/AIX/Windows OS
- At least 5+ years’ experience in Production support working in a globally distributed team
- Working experience on Java, J2EE and Perl Script technologies and WebSphere Application Server, MQ and Web Services
- Experience in working with Db2 UDB, Oracle DB’s, MYSQL and Mongo DB is preferred, DML/DDL SQLs and Store PROCs
- Intermediate level of experience for Kakfa, Zoop keeper architecture and integration
- Exceptional in handling scripting language (Shell script, Perl, Python, bash) and expertise in automation
- Experience with BMC Remedy and ticketing workflows is preferred
- Prior working experience with Card and transaction domains will be advantageous
- Should have a technical and business mindset
- ISO 9000 and ITIL experience will be advantageous
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.