Lead Software Engineer (full stack) - Data Product Development
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This role which will suit a for a self-motivated individual with excellent software engineering skills and expertise in Java/J2EE technologies. The candidate will be taking lead role to deliver the assigned project, while being extensively involved in hands-on activities including POCs, design, documentation, development and testing. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team's needs, and should be capable to work across the layers and technologies stack. This position reports to a Director of Marketing Campaing Solutions in Singapore and will be based in Singapore.
- Lead the design, development and implementation of various initiatives and take the complete ownership to deliver the functionalities. Lead end to end delivery of assigned project while working with all the stakeholders across the teams.
- Help the customers achieve their real goals by understanding their requirements and architect a solution that is robust and scalable along with providing technical documentation of solution.
- Lead meeting and discussions with cross-functional and non-technical teams.
- Design, develop and maintain mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance.
- Work on development of new products iteratively by building quick POCs and converting ideas into real products.
- Promote software best practices and processes, while developing quality code implementation in team, participate in code reviews and mentor junior developers also to ensure the deliveries on time, within budget, and with good code quality using all proactive code validation techniques.
- Have a passion for delivering zero defect code with automated validation/test cases and be responsible for ensuring the team's deliverables meet or exceed the prescribed defect SLA.
- Coordinate and participate in Continuous Integration activities, developing automation frameworks for testing and deployments, and other related items in addition to contributing to core product code.
- Interact with both business and technical stakeholders to deliver high quality products and services that meet business requirements and expectations while applying the latest available tools and technology.
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, and features in business terms. Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 10+ years of software design, architecture and development experience.
- Product development experience is Must.
- Strong foundation in computer science, with excellent competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design, optimized for building highly distributed and parallelized systems
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in building large scale applications using open source and J2EE technologies.
- Strong and hands-on in Core Java and J2EE development concepts and design patterns.
- Capability to work in UI stack using advance Java Script frameworks like AngularJS, Backbone etc.
- Keen for writing quality and self-validating code using unit tests, or following TDD.
- Capable to leverage DevOps techniques and practices like Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Test Automation, Build Automation and Test Driven Development to enable the rapid delivery of working code utilizing tools like Jenkins, Maven, Chef, Git and Docker.
- Experience in Agile development using any of the methodologies like SCRUM
- Good verbal, and written communication skills to effectively communicate for business needs and technical concepts to multiple organization levels.
- Design and coding skills with Big Data ecosystem like Hadoop, Spark, Map Reduce, H-Base, Yarn, Kafka or equivalent is a plus
- Hands on experience in Scala is a plus.
The position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.