- San Francisco, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
Visa UX is a tight-knit group of Analysts, Designers, and Engineers focused on helping teams across Visa to improve their user experience. We work in a fun and fast-paced environment; designing, improving, and developing websites and applications for desktop and mobile devices as well as conducting user research in our state-of-the-art Usability Research Lab. Think of us like Visa's internal UX agency, we do.
You'll apply design thinking and user-centered design principles while you work closely with stakeholders to conceive and design beautiful, compelling and effective products. You'll be involved in the early stages of research and ideation and will collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams through the iteration and development process. You are an accomplished designer who is fluent with digital experiences across platforms but also confident storyboarding consumer journeys with a pencil and paper.
All of our team members are strategic thinkers and conceptual problem solvers who make every design decision an informed one. Each team member is trusted to independently manage their time and work, and make bold decisions using their best judgment. We value proven skills over big egos and thrive on positive, transparent teamwork.
- Design mobile, desktop and device specific experiences that are well thought out and engaging.
- Produce storyboards, mockups and digital designs.
- Collaborate with stakeholders in co-creation workshops.
- Create working prototypes for demonstration purposes.
- Present design concepts to Senior Leadership and external partners.
- Gather and incorporate requirements and feedback from multiple stakeholders.
- Understand and advocate for the consumer's experience.
Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 8+ years in related professional work experience in consumer payment, customer banking, e-commerce is preferred
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in mobile platforms (Apple and Android)
- Knowledgeable about accessibility guidelines and best practices.
- Passionate about creating innovative user experiences to the point of obsession
- Experience launching world class UX solutions for the web and mobile.
- Expert knowledge of visual, UI and interaction design principles with an eye for details and consistency.
- Passionate about new web & mobile technologies and techniques to help you build next gen user experiences.
- Experience and understanding of Product Management and the agile process
- Be able to stand by your designs and provide solid rationale to back up your decision
- Cross-functional team leadership experience required with demonstrated results
- Experience in leading more than one global-scale project and project teams
- Set the tools standards for the team and be an expert in the use of those tools
- A strong practical point of view of User Experience
- Proven ability to work independently, provide project guidance and direction to help others attain
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 3% of the time
This position will be performed in an office setting.The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.