Director, Product Development - Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa processes 100s of millions of payment transactions per day and has one of the world’s most valuable data assets. The Visa Data Product Development organization (DPD) has the mission of unleashing the power of Data to drive global commerce. The DPD Technology organization is responsible for the strategy, architecture, design and development of Visa's data and information products, including Business Intelligence & Analytics, Risk and Authorization, Loyalty, and Commercial products.
The Business Intelligence & Analytics division is looking for a Director of Product Development. Our development teams are creating data-driven BI products and platforms that are used by thousands of users to gain insights and drive business growth for Visa.
The primary responsibilities of the Director (located in Bangalore, India) are to provide hands-on technical leadership, guidance and mentoring to the engineering teams, be a close collaborator and trusted advisor to the Senior Director of Product Development, and ensure the delivery of high-quality, robust, and scalable solutions. This person will be a technology leader, with experience in building solutions for business users, experience in managing versatile teams of engineers, and a track record of execution and delivery.
- Lead a large team of 20+ BI engineers, software engineers, and data engineers in the BI & Analytics organization.
- Manage the development and operationalization of large-scale BI and reporting applications with thousands of users, in an Agile development culture. Also have the ability to coach or manage the development of data warehousing ETL framework, is a bonus.
- Identify and prioritize the key capabilities, define the technical specifications, create solution approaches and build execution plans in achieving the goals. Act as a technical expert and lead, participate, guide, and mentor your team on the design, development, enterprise architecture strategies and standards in a hands-on manner.
- Collaborate with Product Management organization, influence roadmap and advise on innovative solutions and approaches.
- Able to develop, present and explain the value and vision of proposed solutions to a wide range of audience.
- Develop strategies to meet business objectives with existing or emerging technologies. Ability to translate business concepts to technical terms.
- Apply creative thinking/approach to determine technical solutions that further business goals and align with corporate technology strategies, keeping in mind performance, reliability, scalability, usability, security, flexibility, and cost.
- Oversee and sign off design and development artifacts and ensure the quality implementation and smooth execution in production. Ensure adherence to engineering standards for all aspects of the software development life-cycle. Innovate and optimize for better engineering best practices and automation. Drive metrics-based platform monitoring and optimization.
- Serve as a technical expert and provide mentorship and feedback to help team members grow in their careers and leadership skills. Build and develop a high energy, collaborative, inclusive, and productive teams.
- Build relationships with key technical leaders across technology organizations and collaborate on promoting development and execution best practices across technology
- BE/BTech or equivalent in Computer Science or Information Systems or Information Technology
- 12+ years of experience in development and architecture for BI applications, Visualization and Reporting, Data Warehousing, OLAP, Hadoop, ETL frameworks, data analytics. Well versed with the industry trends, technology and products in these areas.
- 5+ years of experience in BI/Software/Data engineering leadership & management roles with increasing responsibility.
- Strong expertise in Business Intelligence, SQL, and Data Warehousing. Extensive experience in working with one or more BI tools end to end (such as MicroStrategy, SAP Business Objects, IBM Cognos etc..)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with Agile/Scrum experience.
- Have a successful track record of leading execution of large-scale projects that represent broad strategic initiatives meeting quantifiable business objectives and resulting in tangible impact for the organization.
- Strong at identifying problems, solving complex problems with simple solutions.
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, and interaction skills, including ability to effectively communicate technical and non-technical issues and concepts to multiple organization levels and executive management.
- Should be a technical leader who inspires people first through his/her technical know-how.
- Should have strong team management and personnel development skills. Able to establish positive and effective team culture in a large organization, influence culture and working arrangement with colleagues in US work locations.
Financial services and/or payments processing industry experience.
Patents and past success in creating IP and innovative products.