Sr. Software Engineer
- Ashburn, VA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
This position is for a software engineer who will join Visa’s Application Operation Products team responsible for developing complex solutions & design, implement, maintain enterprise software for key applications used by Visa’s Operations & Infrastructure team.
This position is ideal for a SW engineer experience candidate who is passionate about solving challenging business problems and building applications that provide an excellent user experience. You will be an integral part of the Application Operation product development team focusing on design and build of software solutions that leverage data to solve business problems. The candidate will be extensively involved in hands-on activities including POCs, design, documentation, development and test of new functionality. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team's needs.
- Masters in computer Science with 2 or more years of experience or Bachelor Degree in Computer Science with 3 or more years of experience
- ITSM Process experience (e.g. Change Management, Incident Management etc.)
- Good working knowledge with Databases (e.g. MSSQL, MySQL etc.)
- Knowledge of software development life cycle
- Experience with enterprise tools like
- Process or workflow automation software (e.g. Resolve / HPOO / BAO / Activiti etc.)
- Event Management Solutions e.g. IBM Netcool
- Log management tools e.g. Splunk, ELK (Elastic Search, LogStash, Kibana)
- Experience with REST, SOAP, JSON and XML is helpful.
- Working knowledge of IT management protocols such as ICMP, SNMP, WMI, syslog-ng, SSH, etc
- Working experience with ITSM Tools (e.g. Service Now, BMC Remedy etc.)
- Previous use of GIT or Subversion for code management and versioning.
- Development of RESTful APIs, a huge plus.
- Understanding of basic networking concepts, IP routing, access-lists, layer 2 switching
- Linux familiarity and experience working in a shell environment.
- Familiarity with Network, Systems and Infrastructure Management concepts, for example FCAPS model is good to have.
- Highly driven and Resourceful
- Strong ability to Collaborate
- Understand E2E implementation and architecture of products/apps in production to optimize and ensure efficiency
- Working closely with development, engineering and operation teams, jointly develop key deliverables ensuring production scalability and stability
- Able to help and Guide L1 support engineers to fix day-to-day Operational issues
- Perform Tuning and Increase Operational efficiency on a continuous basis
- Evaluate and introduce technology tools and processes that enable Visa to develop products and solutions, to embrace business opportunities and/or improve operational efficiency
- Work directly with project development teams to enable successful project implementation
- Work with Architecture and Development teams to understand usage patterns and work load requirements of new projects in order to ensure the application platform can effectively meet performance requirements and service levels of applications
- Develop and enhance platform best practices and educate other developers on best practices
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.