Head of Data Science, IPVMC (Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar and Cambodia)
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
VISA connects the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network, and is well positioned to lead the digital transformation of the payments industry, enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive.
Visa's Consulting and Data Science team is a key part of the Global Solutions organization; a high-performing team of data scientists, data analysts and statisticians helping major organizations adapt and evolve to meet the changes taking place in technology, finance, and commerce; with cutting-edge, creative and advanced analytic solutions.
As Head of Data Science, IPVMC (Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar and Cambodia) you will lead a team of expert data scientists and coach them to continue to drive business transformation with advanced data solutions and develop a culture of learning that accelerates change for Visa’s clients and partners.
The Head of Data Science IPVMC will be part of the Visa Consulting and Analytics (VCA) team, dual reporting into Head of VCA for IPVMC, and Head of Data Science Asia Pacific. The individual will be responsible for leading Data Scientists in IPVMC geographic team to build and execute a pipeline of data driven solutions.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Delivering, building and maintaining the Data Driven solutions that are core to VCA’s strategy
- Recruiting, develop, and retain a world class team of diverse data scientists
- Provide thought leadership in data science techniques and business applications to unlock the value of Visa’s unique data set
- Act as data science advocate within IPVMC, advising and coaching analytical teams and sharing best practices and case studies.
- Continually look at the environment to challenge our assumptions around new sources of data, potential analytics partners, tools, talent and infrastructure.
- Engage with internal and external clients to improve delivery of analytic projects
- Explore leading methodologies and best practices to other VCA regional teams and importing successful methodologies from other international markets.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, related field
- 15 years of experience in data science, analytics, and statistical modeling or relevant area
- Client-facing experience, with the ability to manage relationships with client/engineering teams.
- Experience in SQL and statistical programming languages.
- Experience in translating data concepts into business recommendations.
- Work experience scaling data engineering such as APIs or data self-service solutions
- Experience leading teams.
- Understanding of Asia Pacific and IPVMC markets gained in technical role in financial services
- Comfortable travelling within the SEA region
- Outstanding problem-solving skills, with demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically
- Self-motivated, results oriented individual with the ability to handle numerous projects
- Technology-driven mindset, digitally curious
- Up-to-date with digital and technology literature, trends.
- Able to challenge the status quo diplomatically and bring teams along with strategy.