- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
In this role, you will be responsible from basic data analytics, to implementing and delivering advanced visualization solutions. You will get chance to leverage your business acumen, programming skills, technical knowledge of data, and analytics. The candidate will be a Hands-On Project Analyst and Innovation agent experienced in Data Analysis and Data Visualization with domain experience in the Business Intelligence space.
The Network Processing team is a world-class team working in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. The role is a self-organized Project Analyst with experience in Java, Python, NO SQL DB technologies. You have strong technical leadership, problem-solving abilities, coding, testing and debugging skills is just a start. You must be willing to go beyond the routine and prepared to do a little bit of everything. An ideal candidate would be someone who has full life cycle experience of Framing problem, data collection, processing and Analysis and a great communicator both verbal and in writing.
We are actively looking for a talented Project Analyst to join our Portfolio and Business Operations team.
- Support Network Processing portfolio management function by providing consultation and assistance to PMO teams towards effective management of programs and projects based on the best practices established in the PMO's playbook, Visa's methodologies, and industry standards
- Collect, analyze and report on metrics to demonstrate progress of projects and programs against their planned goals and deliverables
- Monitor project and program compliance and work with PMO team members to produce compliance artifacts
- Manage the process and workflow for gaining executive approvals for project and program artifacts
- Present portfolio data in tools such as Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, SharePoint, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards and processes
- Continuously identify and implement improvements that benefit projects, programs and teams
- Build relationships within and outside the department
- Adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles
- Embrace teamwork while promoting an environment of diversity and inclusion
- Work with clients to fully understand business requirements and desired business outcomes
- Assist in scoping and designing analytic projects and solutions, bringing in and testing innovative ideas for out-of-box solutions
- Extract actionable business insights from the data and build deliverables that clearly communicate the findings and recommendations
- Provide analytical assistance and solution to both interior and exterior clients
- Perform other tasks on data governance, system infrastructure, analytics tool evaluation, and other cross team functions, on an as-needed basis
- Find opportunities to create and automate repeatable analyses or build self-service tools for business users
2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 0 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, PhD)
- Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline highly preferred
- Knowledge of Waterfall SDLC and Agile / Lean methodologies
- Experience in a highly analytical, results-oriented environment with cross functional interactions
- Strong analytical, mediation and problem resolution skills
- Excellent time management, communication, collaboration and organization skills
- Good business acumen to orient data analysis and solutions to business needs of clients
- Articulate communicator able to translate data and technical concepts for a business audience
- Demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor, strong attention to details
- Team oriented, energetic, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible style
- Intellectually curious and continuously striving to learn
- Experience in Python, Java and NO SQL Databases
- Experience with SQL for extracting and aggregating data
- Experience with data visualization and business intelligence tools like Tableau, Power BI or other programs
The incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
The position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.