- Foster City, CA, United States
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
In this role, you will partner with the executive leadership team, functional leaders, business sponsors, program managers, and others to establish a Network Processing comprehensive program/project intake and reporting framework. The position is responsible for monitoring and managing Network Processing programs and strategic initiatives, ensure consistent visibility to Network Processing resource capacity, build / customize / maintain Portfolio reporting for different levels of Network Processing stakeholders and monitoring of activities to ensure conformance and compliance with the schedule and deliverables. The candidate will be a hands-on Program/Portfolio Manager and Innovation agent experienced in managing large Portfolio’s.
We are actively looking for a talented Program/Portfolio Manager to join our Portfolio and Business Operations team.
- Support Network Processing portfolio management function by providing consultation and assistance to PMO teams towards effective management of programs and projects based on the best practices established in the PMO's playbook, Visa's methodologies, and industry standards
- Collect, analyze and report on metrics to demonstrate portfolio’s progress of projects and programs against their planned goals and deliverables
- Monitor project and program compliance and work with PMO team members to produce compliance artifacts
- Manage the process and workflow for gaining executive approvals for project and program artifacts
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards and processes
- Continuously identify and implement improvements that benefit projects, programs and teams
- Build relationships within and outside the department
- Adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles
- Embrace teamwork while promoting an environment of diversity and inclusion
- Work with clients to fully understand business requirements and desired business outcomes
- Assist in scoping and designing analytic projects and solutions, bringing in and testing innovative ideas for out-of-box solutions
- Ensure proper alignment/feedback loop from TPBO, Product, Finance and Technology Teams to support project intake, vetting and prioritization
- Manage and maintain consistent and effective portfolio dashboards, scorecards and reports
- Build out new NP Portfolio processes supporting ATS (Approval to Spend), escalations, reprioritization, reporting and training
- Provide daily management of NP resource capacity and drawdown
- Develop and facilitate PMO Roundtables and workshops
- Manage Portfolio Program Actuals and Outlook
- Build / customize / maintain Portfolio reporting for different levels of NP stakeholders
- Drive Network Processing Project PMM Compliance across the Network Processing PMO
- Maintain a repeatable process to deliver Technology Business Planning Reporting
Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 7 - 10 years of work experience and a Bachelors Degree or 8 – 10 years of experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Accountable for the end-to-end planning and execution of one or more projects and/or Agile teams. Lead and negotiate, scope, schedule, budget, risks, deployments and communications for projects and initiatives
- Support multiple teams through the software development life cycle using Agile, Scrum, and Lean practices and work cross-functionally throughout the company to ensure projects are developed and deployed with quality and timely delivery into our production systems
- Knowledge of SDLC and Agile / Lean methodologies
- Experience in a highly analytical, results-oriented environment with cross functional interactions
- Strong analytical, mediation and problem resolution skills
- Excellent time management, communication, collaboration and organization skills
- Good business acumen to orient data analysis and solutions to business needs of clients
- Articulate communicator able to translate data and technical concepts for a business audience
- Demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor, strong attention to details
- Team oriented, energetic, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible style
- Intellectually curious and continuously striving to learn
- PMI Certification in Project Management (PMP)
- Ability to present in front of executive management
- Demonstrates leadership and leadership development in large, complex technology organizations
- Proven critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to influence and lead programs/projects at all levels across the organization
- Ability to lead and motivate team members to work collaboratively in the most effective and efficient manner
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deliverables
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong conflict management skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong knowledge of project management best practices and frameworks such as PMI
The incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
The position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.