Director, Business Continuity (Individual Contributor)
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa’s Global Business Continuity organization is searching for an experienced Business Continuity professional to join the Business Continuity Management team in the role of Director as an individual contributor.
As a global technology payments brand that connects merchants, banks and consumers, it is important that Visa is resilient through its preparedness and effective response to disasters and business disruptions. Global Business Continuity protects corporate assets through effective continuity risk management, building operational resilience. The organization consists of three departments: Crisis Management, Business Continuity Management, and IT Disaster Recovery.
The position is likely to require occasional off-business hour availability and possible travel.
- Support the Head of the Business Continuity Management team in all aspects of the role as “second in command”, ranging from global program implementation to team mentorship
- Assist in developing the program roadmap by providing leadership and strategic guidance on design and implementation in accordance with annual program requirements
- Lead implementation of the annual Business Continuity Management program. This includes:
- Providing active support to daily oversight of the core program as well as cross-functional efforts such as Vendor Resilience and Recovery Capability Alignment
- Leading business continuity focused meetings with senior and executive management to set the scope of the annual program
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- Bachelor’s Degree / Master’s degree preferred in the field of encouraged in Business, Technology, Finance, and Organizational Resilience
- 10+ years of relevant experience including 5+ years in business continuity or related.
- Preferred studies include Business Administration, Business Continuity Management, Management Information Systems, and Computer Science
- CBCP certification required; MBCP encouraged
- Strong track record of collaboration and teamwork beyond direct-line reporting
- Demonstrated proficiency in Office 365 suite, Tableau, business continuity planning software, and emergency management notification systems
- Applied experience in strategy development and implementation of automated workflows leveraging technology
- Ability to work in fast-paced, rapidly changing, and high pressured environment
- Strong interpersonal and indirect influencing skills, with a demonstrated ability to gain the confidence of individuals at various organizational levels
- High level of personal initiative, creativity and self-motivation
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment (phones and computers), reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
The incumbent may be required to travel 10-20% domestically and internationally.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.