Director, Visa Rules Management, Development
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Global Client Services works with issuers, acquirers, processors and merchants worldwide to develop and deliver the support model for Visa Inc. This includes day-to-day operations and product support, back office support and customer performance reporting. Client Services includes several business units that support the structural foundation of the Visa Payments network to ensure the safety, security and integrity of the payment system and to support Visa clients in the development of their electronic payments business. The Rules Management team establishes and enforces common interoperable rules, policies and standards for our products and services by which clients must operate their Visa programs.
This role is an individual contributor at an advanced support staff level and is responsible for applying independent judgment in developing contractual terms through standards and assisting the business in resolving issues and making recommendations to achieve business goals.
• Bachelors/Degree or equivalent experience; Minimum of 12+ years progressively responsible experience in financial services, payment card, banking, audit or compliance is required.
• Strong interpersonal skills and proven abilities in negotiating with and influencing customers and staff at all levels, including strong written and verbal communications skills
• Excellent writing skills to convey complex topics in “Plain English”
• Strong analytical aptitude and demonstrated track record of working with data to develop business oriented solutions as well as the ability to apply sound business analysis to limit the downstream impact of decisions
• Proven project management skills to co-ordinate divergent interests, commensurate with managing a multi-faceted compliance program at an international level
• Experience gathering business requirements and translating needs into successful deliverables
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office. SharePoint and Visio a plus
To manage the development of Visa rules including understanding the downstream impacts of business function sponsor proposals for new or updated products, systems, services, programs or other initiatives regarding the Client legal agreement. Ensure that all drafted rules are consistent with current Visa philosophy while adapting to market-driven change. Ensure that all materials meet department standards of quality and are delivered to the Visa Rules Committee (VRC) for approval.
The role requires guiding Business Function sponsors through the process of concept, development, review, approval and publication. In addition, the role ensures that all appropriate approvals are obtained from Visa Inc. Committee’s as appropriate as well as ensuring all such processes are documented and managed within the global function. The incumbent will also provide Clients and staff with accurate interpretation and analysis of Visa Rules in response to telephone or written inquiries, and as a full project team member for assigned projects as required.
- Responsible for ensuring Visa rules reflect the goals and strategy for Visa Inc.
- Provision of technical leadership to other Visa staff on the Rules
- Management of multiple revision topics with Business Sponsors at any one time prioritizing as appropriate and provision of direction to staff in various Visa business functions
- Accountable for ensuring that the Visa Rules are easy to understand and do not leave Visa open to any unintended consequences
- Development of new and revised Visa Rules and Waivers
- Support of VRC Due Diligence and Governance Process
- Review of Visa Business News (VBN’s) prior to release
- Communicating waiver approvals to impacted clients
- Managing and assisting in the publication of the regulations through the Visa authoring tool (MadCap Flare) as well as identifying improvements
- Development assistance for Supplemental Requirements to the Visa Rules that are also contractually binding
- Development of Redacted Disclosure Regulations for the public version of the Visa rules
- Support the development of departmental procedures, development and maintenance
- Must manage independently to priorities liaising with business functions as required based on Visa Inc. strategy and key business drivers to ensure revenue is maximized
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the incumbent to travel up to 5% of the time.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.