Director-Data Product Development
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
We are looking for a Director of Development to own a key product portfolio in Loyalty and Benefits group. Within this role you will lead a team of smart and talented engineers and architects to translate the function’s business vision into a technical reality. Working at the core of one of our strategic functions you will thrive in challenging your rich skill set; you will be a visionary leader, a technical partner, a product advocate, an agile delivery enthusiast, a people enabler and an executor.
As a Director you will:
- Be responsible for and the custodian of the long-term technical strategy for Benefits Product Portfolio
- Collaborate with product management to continuously evolve the product portfolio and deliver value add to the business
- Promote team engagement as well as the ongoing mentoring and professional development of highly skilled technical professionals
- Work with product managers in developing a strategy and road map to provide compelling capabilities that helps them succeed in their business goals.
- Work closely with architects and senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high quality work on tight schedules.
- Operational Excellence: monitoring & operation of production services
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards and processes.
- Strong Negotiation Skills: You will be a distinguished ambassador for product development; collaborating, negotiating, managing tradeoffs and evaluating opportunistic new ideas with business partners
- Bachelor degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MS or other related advanced degree preferred.
- Requires 12+ years of experience, at least 3 years of which were in leading engineering teams
- Extensive technical experience with developing application on full stack of HTTP, JSON, Rest, Big data, databases, Java or .Net frameworks.
- Experience with distributed database, distributed computing and high frequency transactions is a big plus
- Proven experience delivering large scale, highly available production software.
- Dynamic leader who has directly managed team of highly competent developers in fast paced work environment
- Strong business and technical vision
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A deep understanding of end to end software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
· Conduct requirements gathering with business and developers to ensure clarity of requirements. Lead design review sessions to ensure compliance with development, platform and security standards
· Provide strong hands-on technical expertise performing development of platform framework components
· Identify opportunities for and contribute to improvements in standards, and processes to support a continuous improvement approach.
· Adhering to Visa methodology, develop technical artifacts for sound, high-quality deliverables: from sizing to implementation.
· Working with on-shore and off-shore vendors, internal staff, and system integrators manage the delivery of required solution components to ensure quality and timeliness of work.
Communicate effectively and proactively with stakeholders and articulate ideas and
- This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours and couple of hours in the night to coordinate with other global teams.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.