New Grad - Technical Writer (Undergrad)
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Technical Communications Services (TCS) is responsible for most of Visa’s technical information serving both technology and business departments. With team members in California, Colorado, and Singapore, we support internal Visa teams and external Visa clients, delivering over 300 technical communications solutions each year including user, implementation, and web services guides; online help systems; SharePoint solutions; operational and departmental procedures; release notes and developer Guides; API and SDK reference materials; system process flows.
The Associate Technical Writer is an entry-level position. As an Associate Technical Writer with TCS, you will work with technical experts across our global organization to document sophisticated payment technology systems, services, and applications. You will be mentored by senior-level writers who will help you to navigate TCS’ documentation and editing services and to understand industry best practices. You will work on a variety of technical documentation projects, gaining expertise in authoring tools and publishing environments as you research, write, and edit technical content for document libraries, help systems, SharePoint sites, intranet sites, and more.
- Work with senior-level writers to:
- Research subject matter and obtain and exchange information.
- Create and maintain project schedule(s).
- Represent writing team in planning and review meetings with project cross-functional stakeholders.
- Communicate status of project to team members, clients, and departmental management.
- Proactively escalate problems and issues as needed
- Multi-task and prioritize assignments.
- Analyze existing documentation for impacts and update them accordingly.
- Manage and maintain content for customized document editions (profiling) and publishing to various media (single-sourcing).
- Manage and store master documentation files, complete quality artifacts, update metrics, and implement other processes as directed by the department procedures guide.
- May also perform technical tasks to support TCS technical staff and developers in maintaining and enhancing publishing tools, systems, and templates.
- Proficient with written and verbal communication for domestic and global audiences, business and technical alike.
Basic – Minimum of 6 months of work experience or a Bachelor’s degree
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Writing samples are required to demonstrate proficiency for both business and technical audiences. TCS will also administer an editing test as part of the formal interview process.