Lead Software Engineer - Data Product Development
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
We are developing and executing a shared strategic vision for Marketing platforms and products that enable Visa to be the world-leading data-driven payments company. As a Software Development Director, you will build and mentor a world-class team of Development and Test Engineers to define, drive and execute on this vision. You will initiate processes that allow the team to collaborate with local as well as global teams with a high degree of efficiency. You will lead a team of highly motivated and talented individuals that can collaborate with Project Managers, Product Managers and SMEs across the company on high impact marketing technology initiatives.
- Develop and nurture team of developers by motivating and mentoring, and assist in hiring critical talent.
- Responsible for the overall development life cycle of the solution and manage complex products with significant bottom line impact
- Work with product managers in developing a strategy and road map to provide compelling capabilities that helps them succeed in their business goals.
- Work closely with architects and senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high quality work on tight schedules.
- Operational Excellence: monitoring & operation of production services
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards and processes.
- Mentor junior team members, develop departmental procedures and best practices standards.
- Be responsible for and the custodian of the long-term technical strategy for Marketing Key Product Portfolio
- Bachelor degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
- Requires 12+ years of experience, at least 4 years of which were in leading engineering teams
- Extensive technical experience with developing application using Big Data Technologies. Experience building applications using Spark with Java is a must.
- Experience with distributed database, distributed computing and high frequency transactions is a plus
- Proven experience delivering large scale, highly available production software.
- Strong business and technical vision
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A deep understanding of end to end software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers and reach with hands and arms.