Director Merchant Data Product Development
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Director will be responsible for building to market a new suite of merchant applications that helping Visa Merchants thrive. As the Director, you’ll be responsible for the strategy and execution of software applications that deliver to Visa Merchants valuable insights and opportunities for growth. The Director will have full lifecycle responsibility from roadmap through releases of applications. The Director will partner with leading global brands, industry product managers and experts to define products.
The Director will direct a team of technical leads/architect/managers to create user experiences that provide clarity on business performance that would otherwise go unknown. Users should be able to realise the power of complex data and predictive models with the technical complexity. The Director will coordinate activities to team with industry-specific product managers, user interface designers, data scientists and software developers to drive the build and delivery of these new applications. The Director will also be responsible for directing delivery of the content for marketing, sales enablement, user documentation and user training materials as part of the global merchant product development strategy.
- Drive the overall vision, strategy and full software development lifecycle of new software applications for merchants from concept to operations/delivery
- Manage a team of technical leads, architect, managers to turn merchant business requirements into software requirements
- Team with client users and industry SMEs to deeply understand client business objectives and challenges
- With the team, identify innovative uses of payments, sales data and predictive models to identify business opportunity
- Collaborate with UX designers and software engineers through ideation, planning, development and release
- Employ rapid prototyping methodologies to create, test and iterate product designs
- Champion Agile processes to effectively and efficiently bring releases to market with successful user adoption
- Direct and design user metrics such as usage, experience, value realisation
- Provide input and prioritisation for agile methodology to drive development processes.
- 15+ years experience in bringing software products to market in product development roles of with proven 5+ years of people manager experience is mandatory
- Hands on experience in Big Data Hadoop technologies and delivery
- Demonstrated experience with hands-on accomplishments of taking products or business initiatives at merchants from concept to reality
- Ability to empathetically adapt communications for multiple audiences; comfortable driving results through influence
- Can easily switch between high-level strategic thinking and detailed business insights
- Highly curious, opportunity-centric manager who can assess, decide, evaluate and iterate quickly
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Hands on experience with business intelligence, performance management, or enterprise software used by merchants to operate their business
- Self-motivated, works well independently as well as part of a team, and works with minimal direction
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships and facilitate healthy communication
- Excellent listener; ability to inspire respect and trust at all levels
Most important qualities for the candidate are:
Academics: Bachelor or Master's Engineering degree in Computer Science or related field
Leadership: leading solutions and working with teams to achieve it.
Curiosity: A desire to seek clarity of requirements and why tasks are done a certain way
Creativity: The ability to take a list of needs and insights and come up with other innovative ideas.
Strategic focus: Skill to understand big picture and stay focused on task to achieve goals
Attention to detail: The capability to perform any research systematically and accurately
Strong work ethic: The innate drive to do work extremely well
Enthusiasm: A passion to understand people and deliver better products and services to them
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.