AML Manager - Level 5
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as an AML Manager, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
As a global payment system, Visa maintains global Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Terrorist Financing (AML/ATF) and Sanctions Programs, established under formalised policies and procedures. This position is the subject matter expert role for AML, ATF and Sanctions related activities and will oversee and ensure effective execution of those activities across the European region. The position is critical in sustaining Visa’s ethical culture and global Compliance Program.
Based in London the role reports to the AML Lead with strong lines of communication and reporting to Director of Regulatory Compliance and the Global AML MLRO.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- AML leading the on boarding of all clients, working closely with other key stakeholders and ensuring a good client experience.
- Developing and designing processes for on boarding new clients ensuring the AML global policy requirements are adhered too.
- Carry out AML/ATF due diligence
- Coordinate closely with Regional Compliance Officers, Account Executives and Product teams to ensure necessary client due diligence, product and case information is requested, received and assessed in a timely and quality manner
- Deal with AML inbox queries in a timely manner and escalate as appropriate to the Global team and AML Lead.
- Administer non-compliance measures if required.
- Monitor clients and provide timely assessments of any change in a client's AML/ATF risk profile
- Provide subject matter expertise, training and outreach to Regional Compliance Officers, Country Managers, Account Executives and Product teams in order to continually educate staff on AML/ATF and sanctions risks, issues and processes
- Participate in the management and ongoing enhancement and development of the Global AML/ATF and Sanctions policies and procedures as necessary to ensure changes in the regulatory and the business environment are addresses
- Promptly and accurately, prepare and deliver scheduled AML/ATF reporting on Program and workload status and highlight emerging issues. Prepare ad-hoc reports and presentations as required
- Communicate urgent AML, ATF or Sanctions concerns to the Regional Compliance Leader and Global AML Leads on a timely basis and escalate issues as appropriate
- Proactively identify and evaluate emerging regulatory trends and laws in markets of operation
- Coordinate with Regional Compliance Officers and Legal contacts to ensure adherence with obligations identified in emerging laws and regulations and to respond to any formal inquiries from local regulators.
- Maintain a repository of AML, ATF and Sanctions obligations for all European countries
- Support internal audits and regulatory requests, ensure satisfactory resolution of any audit findings and recommendations
- Present information and discuss Visa’s AML, ATF and Sanctions Programs and industry best practices to clients and partners
- Manage and maintain accurate records
What we're after...
- ACAMS certificate and professional AML/ATF accreditation required
- Significant experience in management of AML/ATF and Sanctions programs and controls within the financial services industry
- Sound knowledge on AML/ATF typologies and exposure to transaction monitoring applications/systems
- Good understanding of core pillars of effective AML/ATF and Sanctions programs and appropriate legislation
- Good knowledge of industry products, regulations and related AML/ATF trends
- Highly analytical and self-motivated, adept at working independently and in a dispersed team environment covering multiple and varied tasks
- Capable of working collaboratively with employees from all levels of the organization
- Flexible to work in an environment where needs are continually changing
- Corporate experience with a proven track record of managing multiple projects in a complex matrix business and operational environments
- Intuitive, highly ethical and comfortable to question and challenge when required
- Ability to multi-task and able to work with minimal supervision
- An additional language would be beneficial but not essential
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.