Analytics Manager (Data Scientist) – Visa Consulting & Analytics
- Mexico City, CDMX, Mexico
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA), the consulting arm of Visa, is a global team of industry experts in strategy, marketing, operations, risk and economics consulting, with decades of experience in the payments industry. Our VCA teams offers:
- Consulting services customized to the needs of Visa client’s business objectives and strategy
- Business and economic insights and perspectives that impact business and investment decisions
- Self-service digital solutions Visa clients can leverage to improve performance in product, marketing and operations
- Proven data-driven marketing strategies to increase clients’ ROI
Business Development Manager – Analytics consultant
This position will be responsible for developing and implementing Statistical modeling to address key strategic needs for Visa’s clients including issuers, acquirers and merchants
· Develop and deploy analytical modeling and techniques within the organization and clients including issuers, acquirers and merchants
· Utilize Visa's data and analytic capabilities, technology, and industry expertise to develop, standardized and implement the consulting solutions.
- Identify relevant market trends by country, based on a deep analysis of payment industry Information. Interacting with several internal and external stakeholders for the strategic definition of analysis and initiatives.
- Continuously develop and present innovative ideas in order to improve current business practices within Visa.
Perform client-specific analysis on portfolio data including proprietary information, such as customer demographics, activity, spend levels and financial information.
· BA/BS required; MBA or other relevant Master's degree preferred (eg: Statistics, Computer Science, and Engineering).
· 8+ years of overall experience with a preferred minimum of 5 in a Bankcard and/or Retailer
· Experience in retail banking, payments, financial services, and/or technology industries a plus; strong interest in the future of payments a must.
· Experience in big data analytics and statistical modeling in SAS including SAS E. Miner, SAS E. Guide and SPSS
· Work with large volumes of data; extract and manipulate large datasets using standard tools such as Hadoop Ecosystem, Apache Spark, SAS, through scripting in Python, SQL, Java etc.
· Hands-on skills in cleaning, manipulating, analyzing, visualizing and modeling large data sets
· Transform data/ analysis to a business language
· Continuously develop and present innovative ideas based on data driven approach in order to improve current business practices within Visa
· Excellent project management and organizational and presentational skills.
· Strong Relationship management and interpersonal skills.
Ability to multi-task various projects.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.