Senior Software Engineer - Test (REF5363F) - Digital and Developer Platform (DDP)
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa’s Digital and Developer Platform (DDP) team is building a new generation of products to facilitate commerce in everyone’s digital and mobile lives. Our focus is to build intuitive features that expose profound new value for our customers, merchants and developers.
As Senior Software Engineer in Test within Visa DDP you will form an integral role in the automation, test, and deployment of complex solutions that process millions of transactions per day worldwide. We are looking for experienced stars to solicit input from business and technology stakeholders across the enterprise and be responsible for the quality of large-scale technology initiatives.
- Senior member of a team to plan, write, execute and refactor manual and automated test cases using Selenium WD/TestNG
- Prepare Test Plan and Test strategy
- Test, file & verify defects and certify features for release
- Conduct peer reviews for test automation and test cases
- Write utilities / automation tools using Java, REST, Python, Groovy, or similar scripting languages
- Lead root cause analysis and track defect resolution to completion
- Review and provide feedback on development code, test designs and test cases
- Participate in cross-group and internal customer feature demos
- Support release deployments and validation
- Document process, designs, test results, and analysis and improve the quality engineering
- Bachelors in Computer Science or other related technical field
- 4+ years relevant work experience or an equivalent mix of work and project experience in software development or testing
- Experience in Penetration / Security testing is a plus.
- Experience in large-scale projects
- Propensity to probe and find defects
- Proficient in Core Java, JUnit/TestNG, Selenium Web Driver and other languages or tools
- Inquisitive, methodical, and analytical in testing applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Thrive in self-motivated internal-innovation driven environment
- Experience with tools like Rally, JIRA, Sharepoint, wiki, etc is a plus.
- Experience in a global matrix organization
- Ability to quickly understand code and specifications
- Solid knowledge of Oracle and SQL
- Deep knowledge of web services standards and related technologies (JSON, XML and REST)
- Experience in system monitoring and problem troubleshooting
- Data Analytics and aggregation using Splunk or other tools is a plus.