Senior Software Test Engineer
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa’s Digital and Developer Platform (DDP) team is building a new generation of products to facilitate commerce in everyone’s digital and mobile lives. Our focus is to build intuitive features that expose profound new value for our customers, merchants and developers.
As Senior Software Engineer in Test within Visa DDP you will form an integral role in the automation, test, and deployment of complex solutions that process millions of transactions per day worldwide. We are looking for experienced stars to solicit input from business and technology stakeholders across the enterprise and be responsible for the quality of large-scale technology initiatives.
- Senior member of a team to plan, write, execute and refactor manual and automated test cases using Selenium WD/TestNG
- Prepare Test Plan and Test strategy
- Test, file & verify defects and certify features for release, including implementations on mobile SDKs and mobile apps.
- Conduct peer reviews for test automation and test cases
- Write utilities / automation tools using Java, REST, Python, Groovy, or similar scripting languages
- Lead root cause analysis and track defect resolution to completion
- Review and provide feedback on development code, test designs and test cases
- Participate in cross-group and internal customer feature demos
- Support release deployments and validation
- Document process, designs, test results, and analysis and improve the quality engineering
- Bachelors in Computer Science or other related technical field
- 4+ years relevant work experience or an equivalent mix of work and project experience in software development or testing
- Experience in Penetration / Security testing is a plus.
- Experience in large-scale projects
- Play different roles like technical product manager / scrum master etc., as the project demands
- Propensity to probe and find defects
- Proficient in Core Java, JUnit/TestNG, Selenium Web Driver and other languages or tools
- Inquisitive, methodical, and analytical in testing applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Thrive in self-motivated internal-innovation driven environment
- Experience with tools like Rally, JIRA, SharePoint, wiki, etc is a plus.
- Experience in a global matrix organization
- Ability to quickly understand code and specifications
- Solid knowledge of Oracle and SQL
- Deep knowledge of web services standards and related technologies (JSON, XML and REST)
- Experience in system monitoring and problem troubleshooting
- Data Analytics and aggregation using Splunk or other tools is a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.