Business Development Manager
- São Paulo, State of São Paulo, Brazil
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Inc. operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
This resource is a Business Development Manager that will be responsible for developing Visa strategy towards Payments Facilitators (focused on expand acceptance) as well as managing the top PFs in the market that will be part of his portfolio.
In this regard, the resource will have to coordinate sales approach towards Payments Facilitators to sell both VISA Products and Cybersource Products.
This Business Development Manager will also give support for some chosen clients that want to expand regionally (LAC level).
The resource will have to represent VISA at Events where Payment Facilitators are attending as well as plan Visa Communication Strategy with current Payment Facilitators in the Market.
This position and structure is placed under Visa Merchant Sales & Solutions organization.
This position is based in Sao Paulo and requires domestic / international travel availability.
- Establish and develop beneficial and constructive client relationships
- Technical sales driven approach to connect Visa solutions to clients’ needs
- Develop and coordinate business development, product and innovation opportunities for clients, manage sales materials, and client proposals
- Develop relationship management plans for a group of clients and achieve business objectives through planned and well executed initiatives
- Develop sales strategies, business cases and financial models in order to manage sales process and achieve volume sales and revenue targets
- Participate in market analysis and local business development strategy;
- Work closely with internal Visa resources to deliver outstanding client support
- Develop new approaches for increasing processing volume;
- Support revenue growth by helping our clients to explore new verticals, business models and cash conversion;
- Presentations’ development and client meetings’ organization;
- Planning implementation of management tools with various initiatives by clients;
- Analyze, review, and track all documentation requests to ensure appropriateness and timely fulfillment; ensure clear communications;
- Report status and metrics weekly to management.
- Relevant Bachelor´s degree required; MBA preferred.
- Extensive financial industry expertise, knowledge of payment and cards acceptance and a minimum of 10 years business experience with related sales and management experience.
- Acquirer and retail experience, besides consulting previous functions highly desired.
- Strong inter-personal skills to foster strong relations with clients
- Proven experience selling complex and / or technical products and services.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to understand communicate and discuss technical product requirements.
- Proven ability negotiating business agreements and talent to develop new business partnerships.
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with high level of success/achievement.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Fluent in English and Portuguese; proficiency in Spanish preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.