Director, Workforce Planning (Merchant & Consumer Support)
- Miami, FL, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Director, Workforce Planning will be a member of Visa’s Global Customer Care Services, which is responsible to support and maintain Staffing Model strategy aligned with the corporate strategy maximizing the use of resources to achieve business goals, meet contractual service levels agreement, to ensure business continuity across all geographic locations, and across all Visa and Vendor sites.
- Coordinate and maintain robust Business Continuity Plan to facilitate disciplined execution of disaster recovery for people, process and technology with minimum impact to our merchants and consumers.
- Provide strategic direction, tactical leadership and day to day responsibilities for the Command Center employees and insure proper staffing and training to accomplish departmental goals and objectives
- Work with Business Partners in the preparation of the forecasting process to ensure business needs are met and translate those needs in appropriate capacity planning
- Responsible for providing key recommendations to production management with respect to daily and short term strategies for ensuring optimal service levels.
- Accountable for all the steps involved in intraday management of forecasted volume/staffing
- Maintain and calibrate the right tools to monitor and report employee schedule adherence, tardiness and absenteeism
- Support and maintain employee empowerment tools that allow employees to request time off, make trades as well as schedule preferences for shifts
- Ensure daily staffing levels and analyze future staffing needs for seasonal and special events for the Care Center Enterprise
- Maintain appropriate reporting of systems and procedures of Care Center hiring, turnover, and tenure to identify trends that impact staffing, recruiting ability, and impact on productivity to coordinate hiring plans across all Visa Customer Care Centers
- Coordinate, communicate and maintain business contingency management processes across all Visa’s Global Customer Care Centers
- Responsible for working with Genesis and WFM system reports and data.
- Be a key stakeholder in Global Customer Care Services projects, providing expert opinions and requirements that are critical to the success of the GCCS
- Support workforce management while driving cost savings through improved operational efficiencies including queue design, occupancy, and scheduling efficiencies, along with highly effective management of agent FTE through capacity management across different customer communication channels and interaction tools: phone, emails, chat, SMS, fax and social media
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- Experience in an operations, business analysis, finance or statistics environment
- Demonstrated people management experience
- Demonstrated management experience (exempt and non-exempt staff) of global teams
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous tasks
- Must be a self-starter and highly motivated business oriented independent thinker
- Comprehensive competency with call center technology such Avaya, Cisco, Genesys, Adeptra and Salesforce
- Strong knowledge Genesys WFM or similar tools
- Demonstrated leadership skills with emphasis on consensus building, diplomacy, cooperative negotiation and persuasion required to build cross functional commitment to deliver intended results
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written in English including the ability to effectively communicate both internally and externally
- Proven tactical skills with the ability to identify connect and communicate opportunities that achieve objectives
- Excellent organization, planning, project management and analytical skills
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- 10 years of contact center workforce management experience
- Bilingual communication skills in English and Spanish
Work hours: 8 Hours / 5 Days per week
Travel: Position might require occasional travel for training or team meetings -
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.