Senior Business Development Leader – Government Sector
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Singapore team comprises of a highly motivated bunch of problem solvers who create impactful experiences for our clients. Here at Visa, we strive to excel with our partners and via strong collaboration, we look to enable and inspire all players in the ecosystem to deliver on the Smart Nation objectives that have been set by the Singapore Government.
If you are business savvy with public sector industry experience and have the technical background necessary to help further establish Visa as a leading payments solutions partner in Singapore, you should apply.
What a Senior Business Development Leader – Government Sector does at Visa:
- Cultivate relationship with government stakeholders in partnership with government engagement teams, creating vision for holistic solution supportive of Singapore Smart Nation initiatives, etc.
- Work with core clients targeting their government / SOEs portfolio, focused on driving usage, user experience, new product solutions and cross-border transactions.
- Identify new payment flows interacting with issuers, and develop CVPs for government segments differentiated by departments / payment flows
- Develop collateral, internal and external product content, collaborating with in-country, regional and global product partners and other stakeholders
- Champion self as the Government / SOE subject matter expert, lead thought leadership and media presence.
- Execution of strategic priorities to accelerate payment volumes growth and expansion in partnership with government agencies
Why this is important to Visa
This is a brand-new exciting role we have ventured into, and it will be an opportunity to be the connector between Visa and the Singapore Government, being able to showcase Visa capabilities. You will work closely with key functions in Visa such as the Merchant Solutions & Acquiring, Consumer and Business Solutions teams to identify areas of opportunity for digital acceptance supporting Singapore’s smart nation initiative such as Certificate of Entitlement, ERP, identify areas of opportunities around digitization of the SME landscape etc.
The candidate must know government & Public Sector acquisition guidelines and have experience with government RFx compliance requirements. Serve as a key leader of the Visa Singapore and Brunei team supporting business strategy and new business development, identifying and responding to RFx opportunities. Identify, manage and execute the RFx proposal response plans while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. client sales and account teams, etc.). Develop innovative strategies working with Visa teams specific to RFx opportunities. Understand and navigate government contracting vehicles and procedures. Be a thought leader with respect to value adding to the Singapore and Brunei ecosystem by working closely to displace cash and improve penetration of CCE and PCE.
Projects you will be a part of:
- Build relationships with government agencies such as IMDA, Heartland Enterprise and Enterprise Singapore and identify opportunities where Visa can help champion Singapore’s Smart Nation initiative.
- Work with key stakeholders from Govtech, IMDA and MAS to look at how Visa can be involved in the open data/open banking platform
- Support the government’s SME go-digital agenda - a program that aims to help SMEs use digital technologies and build stronger digital capabilities to seize growth opportunities in the digital economy. You will assess opportunities to introduce relevant Visa solutions to government agencies and provide thought leadership, sponsorship and advocacy for Singapore’s smart nation agenda.
What you will need:
- 15+ years’ experience in government/ SOE/ Public Sector management, with expertise in payments/ financial services industry
- Proven record of implementing strategic initiatives, policies and operational decisions for the government/ SOE segment
- Deep expertise in navigating government agencies and procedures
- 10 + years of complex deal management and sales experience
- Solid understanding of the Singapore digital payments landscape and government agenda on Singapore Smart Nation initiatives
What will also help:
- Prior sales and consulting experience within the financial services sector
- Solutions-focused mindset