Director – Strategic Sourcing – Travel and Events
- Foster City, CA, USA
Visa USA is a Visa company. Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Director of Strategic Sourcing leads by example, and through partnership to drive competitive advantage and value for Visa Inc. As the lead for Travel and Events, you are accountable for developing strategies to deliver sustainable results across all Travel and Events categories by identifying new opportunities for value and process improvement. As a leader within the Strategic Sourcing Organization, you are responsible for developing strong and effective business partner relationships with senior leaders across multiple functions and regions. The Director will manage all of the Travel and Events sub-categories and have accountability to delivery against department and functional goals. You will need a strong sense of urgency and the ability to succinctly frame issues and alternatives to drive decisions forward.
• Engages and establishes business partnerships with cross functional leadership across Visa to collaborate, influence, and drive sourcing strategies
• Manages multiple complex sourcing strategies, scope requirements, Business Partnerships, and navigate complexity within a large global matrixed organization
• Creates a shared vision by embedding and integrating the role of strategic sourcing into various parts of the business
• Develops long term portfolio category strategies that are directly linked to Corporate Services’ functional objectives and Visa Inc. level goals for Air, Hotel and Events
• Partner very closely with Visa’s Travel Operations Organization and Travel Management Agency to measure and assess Travel and Events performance vs. negotiated KPIs and industry benchmarks
• Provides high level guidance on the overall continuous strategic sourcing process from needs identification, through supplier performance management across multiple Travel and Events agencies
• Develop strategy for consistent Travel and Events measurement and monitoring
• Maintain strong external focus by leveraging industry peers, organizations, associations and by continuing to build strong relationships outside of Visa
• A champion for change that can act decisively to drive decisions, while demonstrating agility to support the evolution of business needs
• Communicates effectively and frequently, listens carefully, and actively seeks and values the perspectives of others
• Builds effective strategic relationships with external suppliers to drive and execute category strategies
• Develop and manage category wide SRM plans with a focus on continuous improvement and innovation
• Support the implementation of Global Sourcing policies and procedures.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
• 10+ years of experience Strategic Sourcing, or travel operations
• 5+ years leading the development and management of category plans or sourcing strategies.
• In-depth understanding of the Travel and Events marketplace; deep industry and/or professional relationships with suppliers and agencies
• Deep understanding of travel and events math/measurement and associated metrics
• Past experiences challenging the status quo by developing business cases for change through leveraging business acumen, market intelligence, and insights to drive a broad strategic impact across an organization
• Demonstrated contract and agreement negotiation experience, including development of negotiating plans and strategies for travel and events services.
• Strong relationship-management skills and ability to communicate effectively, and collaborate with, senior-to-exec management. You need to be able to tell compelling stories through insights and data
• Undergraduate degree required, graduate degree preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.