Program Manager, North America Business Operations
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa’s North America Business Operations (BizOps) team is part of the North America Operations team, which works in support of the North America Sales organization. The four main areas of responsibilities for the team are i) special projects in support of the North America business ii) content and curation for key client-facing and internal events iii) sales intelligence and analytical reporting for our client-facing account teams iv) core business operations projects, e.g., dashboards, rules and waivers, audit, etc.
BizOps is hiring a Program Manager, Business Operations. This individual will partner with the North America Operations team to support the North America market across the four main areas described above.
The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills. This individual will have strong project management skills and the ability to drive change in cross-functional settings. Other critical attributes:
- Bias toward action
- Quickly grasping complex topics, problem solving, and moving to execution
- Ability to manage competing demands that involve rapid turnaround times and time-critical decisions
- Deliver on high-priority, strategic projects with data-backed recommendations in support of the North America leadership team
- Lead the production of executive presentations, speeches, FAQs, etc. for various Visa events and executive client meetings
- Develop strong understanding of the priorities of all functional teams (including Sales, Product, Marketing, Finance, HR, Consulting, etc.), working to share knowledge and drive the North America region towards aligned goals and targets
- Define, manage and embed new BAU processes (e.g., information sharing, reporting dashboards, etc.) in support of the business
- Manage project-related interactions and communications with functional leaders across the North America organization
- Analyze large sets of data efficiently and effectively to proactively identify trends in the industry and validate hypotheses
- Keep track of industry news and new products in order to regularly share notable developments with North America leadership team
- Mentor and provide on-the-job training to junior members of the BizOps team
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD. UR Only: MBA/ PhD degree without experience.
- 4+ years Prior BizOps experience and payments industry experience helpful
- Exceptional problem solving skills, able to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Highly organized
- Intellectually curious about the payments industry and the cards business
- Composure and clarity required to interact with senior management and executives
- Ability to influence others, e.g., cross-functional stakeholders and leaders, and experience presenting information to all levels with ability to facilitate group discussions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Work with limited direction, usually within a complex and often ambiguous environment, to drive rigorous, fact-based recommendations and solutions
- Team oriented, collaborative and diplomatic
- Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
- This position requires the individual to travel 0-10% of the time.
- Incubment must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms.
- Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.