Program Manager - Open Banking
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As a Program Manager at Visa, you will play a key role in managing some of the building blocks that enable the development and launch of our products. You will plan requirements with stakeholders and guide programs and products through the entire product lifecycle considering all stakeholder inputs across different functions. This includes managing product operations as well as product milestones and schedules, identifying risks and bottlenecks, and escalating concerns with product managers when necessary.
What we expect of you, day to day
- Manage product operations including the creation of client contracts, billing, legal approval of materials and client-facing reporting
- Contribute to the product vision and delivery, including managing functional requirements, feature prioritization and product operations
- Provide product training to internal teams: sales, marketing, product, customer service, etc.
- Act as a key liaison between product and other teams to develop new solutions and other key product milestones
- Support delivery team with managing initiatives within a project and providing structure throughout the full lifecycle
- Work with variety of stakeholders to manage scope, secure support and resources for execution, and deploy processes that improve day-to-day operations
- Reconcile competing priorities, utilize synergies, align complementary initiatives, and build coalitions among cross-functional partners
- Work through challenges, identify bottlenecks and dependencies, and unblock the project team for execution
- Report on status, progress, milestones, deliverables, outcomes, and lessons learned to all applicable parties.
What we’re after…
- Participates in business process working sessions to assess gaps, roadblock and bottlenecks
- Is aware of project management and governance concepts, and understands basic methods and tools
- Documents and updates business processes in line with the defined business process methodology
- Works towards agreed project timeline, milestones, and scope
Understands at a basic level the sequencing a backlog of items based on program priorities, events.
Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders and/or direct reports
Prioritize demands from various stakeholders
Identifies where stakeholders stand on buy-in for the program strategy and vision
Effectively communicates the program impacts to relevant stakeholders in the organization.
Articulates the difference between various Visa products and services
Can articulate Visa's product strategy and position in the marketplace
Thorough understanding of the payments industry and uses this to inform program decisions
Brings functional level of maturity to business interactions with stakeholder and can lead basic stakeholder meetings
Can articulate the program’s strategy and has a basic understanding of the bigger picture of how their program fits into Visa’s product and overall strategy.
Has a basic understanding of how products are developed from a technical standpoint
Understands at a basic level the roles and practices of SAFe and underlying Lean and Agile Principles
Understands how to leverage technology to solve problems in the workplace
Demonstrates understanding of changing technology architecture, tools, build systems, and languages
Understands on a basic level how to build ongoing technical expertise to help with clear communication between parties.
- Is effective at getting basic messages communicated across the organization and understands the importance of cross-functional communication
- Has a solid understanding of various partners' functional skills and capabilities applicable to group efforts, helps others within their job family to build cross-functional communication skills/understanding
- Operates easily within communication structures
- Can customize messaging to relevant audience to achieve desired results when communicating product priorities to others.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3 or more years of experience in project management or business operations in a technical product organization or more than 2 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g., Masters, MBA)
- Experience working in a technology product team that utilizes agile development
- Demonstrates ability to utilize data driven decision making and apply continuous improvement methodologies
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Ability to conduct communicate to executives and peers with impact
- Flexible and creative thinker with the ability to define business tradeoffs, generate outside-the-box solutions and manage uncertainty
- Ability to think innovatively and provide creative solutions that improve organizational function and enable productivity
- Strong presentation, organizational, and documentation skills
- Eager and self-starter
- Ability to manage and write product documentation detailing product features and business rules
- Ability to transform business ideas into detailed requirements that enable technology teams to deliver new products or product enhancements based on business needs
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to excel in a large organization by finding solutions that meets the needs of diverse stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours. May require occasional meetings outside of core business hours to connect with global partners.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.