Staff Software Engineer
- Foster City, CA, USA
We are looking for a talented, technical, proactive, energetic, and passionate person who embraces challenges and is a proven problem solver. You will be a part of multiple teams tasked with multiple projects ranging from building full stack development of REST Service APIs, native app development, and Web Front-End User Interfaces that are highly functional, secure, scalable, and robust. You will own and drive projects from start (gathering requirements) to finish (release into production).
We are an Agile Scrum development shop with 2 week iterations. Team consists of a Dev Manager, QA Manager, developers, QA engineers, scrum master, and product owner with local Configuration Management and Database Engineering support.
· Work with product owners to refine business requirements
· Analyze business requirements and architect a solution that is robust and scalable
· Provide technical documentation of solutions
· Break down architected solution into smaller, achievable tasks
· Present and communicate solution to both technical and nontechnical stakeholders
· Knowledgeable of data technologies and solutions
· Work with full stack development - native app, back end, middle tier, and client side
· Debugging and providing solutions for complicated issues
· Participate in demos and code reviews
· Multi-task and support multiple teams
· Enforce software best practices, standards and processes
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 8+ years relevant work experience or an equivalent mix of work and project experience in software development
· Expertise with Spring Technologies
· Expert diagraming solutions (flow, block, logical)
· Expert knowledge of Security and Authentication standards and technologies like OAuth
· Expert in implementing Hypermedia-based REST APIs
. Experience in leading the team and working on native app, React Native, and REST APIs
. Expert in native app development - Android and iOS development
· Experience architecting solutions with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery in mind
· Knowledgeable about Database technologies like Oracle and Hadoop
· Knowledgeable about network architecture, VIPS, and Firewalls
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.