Lead SW Engineer
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
We are looking for a lead developer/architect with a passion for building Enterprise level applications. This person would be able to lead a team of developers, help plan architecture and timeline development plans. This resource will be an integral part of VIPTE team, who will develop applications for test engineering. Responsibilities will include developing our web and desktop apps. This will include enhancing existing software as well as developing new offerings within our products.The resource should be familiar with different Development Methodologies and comfortable with leading the process — or willing to learn new process. The candidate should also be fully versed and comfortable with the micro-service architecture development process.Resource should be a self-starter who feels confident about learning and taking control over a code base. Resource should take ownership of tasks, self-disciplined; troubleshoot where necessary, and eager to learn new technologies.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Good understanding of Card Payments ecosystem
- Ability to work all layers of our MERN stack: from UI to the Database
- Good Experience in React.js and Node.js
- Familiarity with Mainframe applications and preferably on financial domain(ISO 8583)
- Good Experience in Linux Environment
- Strong shell scripting experience
- Excellent understanding of development concepts and SDLC methodologies
- Working experience with version control (GIT) Strong customer focus, excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of testing at the unit, integration and system level.
- Familiar with Test Driven Development
- Familiar with Continuous Integration or Continuous Delivery pipeline
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 15% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.