Director - Program Management
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This role is an individual contributor at an advanced support staff level and is responsible for program management of contact center transformation initiatives, applying independent judgment and process analysis to resolve root cause issues, and developing compelling business cases.
This is a key role to track, monitor the key activities that support global contact center business objectives and vendor management activities. The Director will deliver quarterly program reviews and status reporting as well as drive ad hoc and reporting activities. The Director will be a strategic thinker and able to consider breakthrough solutions.
This leader serves as the main point of contact to compile, review, analyze and distribute data for both standard and ad-hoc reports. In addition, he/she communicates with management daily to gather needs, present results/recommendations, follow up, provide status, etc. The director will be passionate about raising the bar and identify opportunities and/or lead efforts to improve global contact center operations.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelors/Degree or
- 8 years of work experience with an Advance Degree (Master’s/MBA/JD/DM) or
- At least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or
- 8-10 years of experience with an Advance Degree (Master’s,MBA, JD, MD) or
- 3 years of experience with a PhD
- Minimum of 12 years progressively responsible experience in project management and process role in financial services, contact center, payment card, software and/or information services is required
- Ten plus years’ experience in program management is preferred
- Excellent research and analytical skills including the ability to summarize/present results and explain the "story behind the numbers”
- Prior contact center experience is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven abilities in negotiating with and influencing individuals at all levels, including strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong process improvement skills with knowledge of six-sigma and/or agile methodologies
- Experience gathering business requirements and translating needs into successful deliverables
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills.
- Ability to set priorities and manage expectations
- Work hours: Incumbent will be required to work regular business office hours
- Travel: Position might require occasional travel for training or team meetings - 10%
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.