Business Optimization Analyst
- Denver, CO, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Business Optimization Analyst – Job Description
The Global Business Optimization team has a simple mission: we turn massive amounts of data into actionable insights that drive business value. Our analytic consultants and data analysts work with Visa’s clients and staff to improve portfolio performance, program profitability and cardholder experiences. By coupling in-depth analysis of cardholder behavior with Visa’s world-class products, digital offerings and marketing capabilities, we ensure our clients’ programs operate at their peak potential and that cardholders have seamless commerce experiences in both the physical and digital world.
As part of the Client Services (CS) organization, the Business Optimization Analyst will help to deliver this vision to our clients around the globe. In this role, you will use strong analytical skills, contextual business sense and a creative flair to solve real world business challenges for Visa issuing banks, acquirers and merchants. Further, you will support internal stakeholders to develop robust data assets, reporting capabilities, and KPI dashboards to monitor performance and uncover critical insights to ensuring our clients are deploying Visa products successfully and operating at an optimum performance level.
· Help to architect and build data assets, reporting tools, and dashboards utilizing Visa’s big data capabilities. Solve for millions and billions, not hundreds and thousands.
· Support development of both standard and customized operational reports across various measures
· Provide data support for Visa clients, team members and other internal resources as needed
· Take ownership of data and reporting suites, researching and implementing better methods to streamline data collection and reporting efforts
· Ensure reporting is impactful and meaningful for the business – visibility is important, but success is not measured in the number of reports you create; how they impact our business decision making is what matters
· Work effectively with internal/external resources to define analytical objectives/data requirements, obtain data and perform in-depth analyses to achieve a defined business objective
· Examine data sources and ensure that reporting and presentations are accurate and logical
· Present data to management and team members in a straight forward, understandable manner
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
Requires minimum of 2-5 years experience working in analytics or related field and a 4 year advanced college degree (e.g. Bachelors or Master)
High level of proficiency manipulating data from a variety of sources - Big data skills (Hadoop, Hive, Spark) and SQL skills required. Proficiency in SAS required.
Experience with ETL and Automation is mandatory.
Familiarity with tools such as Pentaho, API, JSON & ServiceNow are good to have.
Experience visualizing data with Tableau is highly desirable or familiarity with similar tools such as Power BI, MicroStrategy, etc. are nice to have. Python experience is preferred.
Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills are required
Must be proficient in all MS Office applications with advanced Excel spreadsheet skills
Work Hours: Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
Travel: This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.”Position might require occasional travel for training or team meetings.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.