Sr. Staff DevOps Engineer - Kubernetes Container Platform (REF22431O) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP) team is building a new generation of products to facilitate commerce in everyone's digital and mobile lives. Our focus is to build intuitive features that expose profound new value for our customers, merchants, and developers. VDDP is looking for a Sr Staff DevOps Engineer to modernize the platform for digital and mobile products using containers. The focus for the developer operations team is to leverage containers, improve monitoring and logging libraries for containerization, and improve continuous integration. In this role, you will engage with engineers from VDDP applications, Operations & Infrastructure, and Middleware teams to implement and roll-out containers. Visa is looking for an experienced, hands-on lead/engineer with expertise in continuous integration and containers.
- Build and manage containers platform for VDDP applications using Docker and Kubernetes
- Responsible for the development and implementation of platform components to support containers and Kubernetes
- Design, code and integrate application business layer with external application components
- Interact with both business and technical stakeholders to deliver high-quality products and services that meet business requirements and expectations while applying the latest available tools and technology
- Have a passion for delivering zero-defect code and be responsible for insuring the team's deliverables meet or exceed the prescribed defect SLA
- Build, enhance and scale critical pipeline, application, and infrastructure technologies in VDDP
- Build solutions for automated management, deployment, and monitoring of application components used by critical business applications and engineers in VDDP
- Responsible for provisioning and supporting engineering application/environment; focusing on faster provisioning, reliability, and consistency
- Work collaboratively across team boundaries to share common capabilities
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 10+ years track record of relevant work experience and a B.S. or an M.S. in Computer Science or related technical discipline is required
- Should have a hands-on and good understanding of DevOps tools and automation framework
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with DevOps techniques building continuous integration solutions using Jenkins, Docker, Chef/Puppet, Git, Maven
- Experience with n-tier web application development and experience in J2EE based frameworks
- Hands-on experience with Golang, Python, and Java, etc
- Experience with Kubernetes and other container management solutions
- Must be proficient in one or more scripting languages: Unix Shell, Perl, Python
- Working experience in cloud computing, PaaS, IaaS, and related areas are highly desirable
- Knowledge and experience with Linux OS
- Should have working experience with monitoring and logging tools like Prometheus, Splunk, or any other monitoring tools/processes
- Experience working in Agile environments
- Strong Automation and Problem-solving skills and the ability to follow through to completion
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.