Manager, Acceptance Solutions & Strategic Initiatives – Merchant Sales & Acquiring, India & South Asia
- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Business Group Overview
Acceptance growth is central to the India and South Asia growth story. Deeper partnerships with acquirers, merchants and payment intermediaries is a critical component of Visa’s expand access strategy. Equally so is the ability for Visa to enable better customer experiences and grow business for our partners. Visa facilitates this by providing solutions and platforms that reduce friction in commerce, enhance convenience and ensure higher security in payments
.The Merchant Sales & Acquiring (MS&A) team is the global Visa organization entrusted with the responsibility of growing acceptance, deploying our acceptance payment solutions and deepening partnerships. Visa has reinforced its focus on long-term acceptance growth by enhancing market investments and building the right talent and organization to execute.
Job Description and Responsibilities
The incumbent in this role will play a critical role in deploying Visa’s acceptance solutions with Visa network participants and partners. This person would manage strategic initiatives, business planning and analytics. Some of these priorities include the successful deployment and expansion of Visa’s contactless and QR strategies, implementation of Visa’s ecommerce solutions as well as initiatives such as marketing or growth initiatives. The person would also be a key coordination point with internal peer organizations such as India & South Asia Product and Asia Pacific Acceptance Solutions teams. This is position has an India and South Asia remit and reports to the Senior Director, Acceptance Solutions and Strategic Initiatives, India & South Asia.
- Manage acceptance solutions deployment and proliferation across the range of Visa e-commerce and point-of-sale solutions
- Be a key contributor to new product development and work with cross-functional teams on GTM plans and monitoring performance
- Manage the business planning and performance processes including progress against AOP and MYP and performance management
- Execute on acceptance solution roadmap for the market cluster working closely with Visa Product, CyberSource and AP Regional teams
- Develop and execute long-term strategy for business growth and monitor progress against existing strategies, making changes and corrections periodically
- Payments expertise with a wide perspective on all elements of payments. The candidate must be able to collaborate and drive outcomes across various elements of payments such as merchant acquiring, processing, technology, payment facilitators & other intermediaries, etc.
- Program Management and Deployment. Program manage solution development and deployment working with internal and external stakeholders. Develop and track against detailed project plans with timely management reporting and escalation to ensure timely delivery
- Market understanding of the payments industry and India / South Asia market landscape. Industry experience in the payments ecosystem including acquiring banks, payments facilitators, merchant acceptors, payments networks or fintech operators is desirable.
- Functional experience in product development, project management and or strategy / consulting is desirable.
- Familiarity with payment systems (switches, gateways, directories etc.) and architectures. Understanding of mobile payment and e-commerce platforms, services, and commercial models
- Curiosity and keenness to develop an understanding of new technologies, payment business models and profitability drivers
- Flexibility, cultural adaptability and ability to navigate complexity is required to succeed in a matrixed environment managing varied stakeholders. The role requires the ability to work across cultures and industries.
- 7+ years of relevant experience with a graduate degree or higher education in business or technology. Ability to engage meaningfully with senior partner executives across banks, merchants, payments intermediaries and technology firms.
- Full time position, based in Mumbai, India. Ability to travel for business is required