Manager - Performance Test Engineering & Testing Tools
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
As the Manager of Performance Test Engineering/Testing Tools, you will oversee a high performing team of Performance Engineers and Tool specialists based in our Highlands Ranch, CO location. This team is accountable to customers throughout all technology lanes within Visa. In addition to the testing services, this team owns, supports and maintains the suite of testing tools used across an even broader swath of technology lanes.
This role involves working closely with Individual Contributors, Managers and Product Partners across multiple geographic locations, platform focuses and technology stacks, ensuring adequate focus, prioritization and delivery. The successful candidate for this position will directly manage the day-to-day, forecasting, planning and execution for a team of Engineers and report to the Director of Core Debit & Performance Engineering based in Highlands Ranch.
- Demonstrate Visa's core values, maintaining a delivery-focused approach.
- Cultivate, support and promote an organizational culture that provides for high performance, high morale, collaboration and innovation.
- Encourage and empower direct reports to make appropriate technical decisions and recommendations.
- Actively manage resources in alignment with program/project needs and priorities.
- Mentor and encourage growth for the team in alignment with both their career aspirations as well as the needs of Visa.
- Work closely with peer in Singapore to ensure adequate and appropriate follow-the-sun coverage, backups and coverage.
- Partner with Development, DevOps, Support, Product and PMO to identify and deliver to clear expectations and requirements.
- Monitor tool advancements, assessing benefits, needs and feasibility for adoption.
- Identify and seek new opportunities for growth, expansion, process improvement and benefits to our customers.
- Oversee, mentor and assist Engineers in all aspects of Performance Engineering.
- Clearly communicate both formally and informally project/program status, risk and impact, escalating when/where appropriate.
- Encourage and enable the team to deliver upon their personal development goals, as well as organizational goals set at all levels
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Experience managing the installation, maintenance and support of testing tools
- Prior experience leading/managing resources across multiple geographic locations
- Implementation of standard processes, tools and metrics to deliver large-scale projects from inception to conclusion that meet quantifiable business objectives
- Ability, desire and motivation to learn quickly and pick up new skills
- 5+ years of experience within Performance Testing/Performance Engineering
- Strong organizational capabilities with high attention to detail
- Proven record of analytical success and strong critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate advanced technical issues both verbally and in writing to technical staff, product partners and senior management
This position requires the incumbent to travel up to 10% of the time.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.