Associate Business Optimization Analyst (New Grad)
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
This role will be filled with a new grad and is anticipated not to start until late spring/summer 2020 based upon graduation dates.
The Global Business Optimization team has a simple mission: we turn massive amounts of data into actionable insights that drive business value. Our analytic consultants and data analysts work with Visa’s clients and staff to improve portfolio performance, program profitability and cardholder experiences. By coupling in-depth analysis of cardholder behavior with Visa’s world-class products, digital offerings and marketing capabilities, we ensure our clients’ programs operate at their peak potential and that cardholders have seamless commerce experiences in both the physical and digital world.
As part of the Global Merchant Optimization group in the Client Services (CS) organization, the Business Optimization Analyst will help to deliver this vision to our clients focusing on high growth segments including Visa Direct and Tokenization. In this role, you will use strong analytical skills, contextual business sense and a creative flair to solve real world business challenges for Visa issuing banks, acquirers and merchants.
- Support, maintain and develop standard and customized operational reports across various measures
- Provide data support for Visa clients, team members and other internal resources
- Research and implement better methods to streamline data collection and reporting efforts
- Work effectively with internal/external resources to define analytical objectives, data requirements, obtain data and perform in-depth analyses to achieve a defined business objective
- Assist with examining client performance against industry best practices with an eye to identifying opportunity for performance improvements and/or increased profitability
- Examine data sources and ensure that reporting and presentations are accurate and logical
- Present data to management and team members in a straight forward, understandable manner
- Troubleshoot transaction failures and conduct root cause analysis
0-2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills are required.
Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access) with advanced Excel spreadsheet skills.
Tableau or data visualization skills are highly desirable.
- Proficiency manipulating and aggregating data
- Big data skills (Hadoop, Hive, Impala, Pig) or SQL skills are desirable.
- Experience with SAS, R or Python is a plus
Work hours: This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel: This position requires the incumbent to travel for work up to 5% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.