Senior Director, Marketing Services, US Client Marketing
- Wilmington, DE, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As part of the U.S. Client Marketing team, the Senior Director will be responsible for the development and sell-in of marketing advisory services for Visa’s issuing clients. In this role. you will engage with teams across Visa and its clients to deliver programs and thought leadership to help grow our clients’ payment card business. These advisory initiatives are expected to assist clients with their key business priorities and drive incremental client and Visa revenue.
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s degree or at least 10 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Master’s, MBA).
- Payments or other financial services experience is required
- MBA or other relevant Master's degree preferred
- Experienced, results-oriented marketer with at least 12-15 years progressively responsible business experiences with a proven track record in delivering marketing programs with majority in roles that involved consulting, product or business strategy, market research, product launches or planning
- Experience in designing and executing multi channel marketing campaigns (i.e paid social, search engine marketing, paid social, email, direct mail etc.) across the card marketing lifecycle (acquisition, usage, retention, loyalty)
- Experience in client facing roles preferred
- Ability to lead in a very complex and matrixed organization
- Experience developing comprehensive marketing strategies that demonstrate a clear roadmap to driving top line growth across a broad range of partners
- Multi-functional project management and strategy development skills; ability to manage teams and deliverables - and to coordinate, collaborate, and demonstrate results to other Visa divisions, financial institutions
- Excellent written English, spelling, punctuation and grammar; immaculate proofreading and editing skill
- Great communication skills, high energy and ability to work independently and thrive with limited guidance
- Flexible and creative thinker with the ability to define business tradeoffs, generate out-of-the-box solutions and manage uncertainty
- Ability to lead and influence decisions of others, including senior management
- Advanced proficiency in the MS Office Suite
- Willingness to travel (Up to 50% of the time within the US to other VISA offices or client offices.
- Partner with Visa Account Executives to identify areas of opportunity appropriate for marketing advisory engagements and effectively scope projects, timelines and deliverables
- Lead end-to-end delivery of marketing projects; manage the day-to-day prioritization of work across multiple projects, deliverables and stakeholders
- Earn respect as a payments thought leader with clients by quickly identifying business opportunities from a broad range of data and information (from Visa, FIs, competitors, industry etc) and translating those opportunities into actionable, effective and measurable recommendations
- Establish business cases and projected ROI on investment to identify and prioritize opportunities
- Manage or monitor performance of third party partners that may supplement creative, strategy or go-to market activities
- Partner with peers in other functional areas (analytics, technology, sales, product, and marketing) and across global regions to execute projects in ways that leverage the breadth and depth of Visa’s resources
- Demonstrate innovation and creativity on a day-to-day basis through effective problem solving, recommending new ideas and solutions to drive better advisory engagements
- Strong strategic thinker with a results orientation who approaches any challenge with thoughtfulness, drive and appropriate urgency
- Executive presence and ability to present and represent Visa in senior executive meetings both internally and with clients
- Collaborative and “hands-on” team leader and player who builds strong relationships internally and externally, and works well under pressure, thriving under tight deadlines
- Flexible and resilient leader as demonstrated by adaptability, professional maturity and ability to manage by influence
- Exceptionally strong project management and interpersonal skills
- Data driven marketing expertise and results oriented