Finance Intern – Controllership (Undergrad Degrees)
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Finance partners with teams across Visa to provide accurate, reliable and timely support for business transactions and decisions. The Visa Finance team is committed to leading by example while encouraging growth and fiscal integrity.
We strive to provide excellent service, which to us means having:
- Consistent policies, processes and systems
- Timely, effective and cost efficient execution
- A highly responsive customer-service mentality
As a Finance Intern you will have the chance to:
- Participate in Executive Speaker Series’ led by Senior Leadership
- Deliver an end of summer presentation to the Executive Finance Team
- Attend fun social events with fellow interns
Controllership processes accounting transactions globally, issues financial filings and financial statements, and manages Visa’s compliance financial internal controls program.
The intern will gain experiences in Payables, Card Program management, and Accounting. The internship will help piece together the back end operations of Finance while focusing on the importance of internal controls, proper recording of transactions, and streamlined workflows.
- Ensure financial data accuracy, integrity and consistency of information as well as organized documentation of results and data sources used
- Participate directly in the day to day operations, as well as joining a project team focused on streamlining internal processes to create operational efficiencies.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or a related field
- 3.0 minimum GPA
- Rising juniors or seniors
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Access and SharePoint or Visio
- Accounting and analytical/analysis skills
- Strategic thinker with exceptional analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication
- Skills in MS Excel, Tableau, Access and Hyperion, and strong skills in PowerPoint
- Attention to detail and accuracy are extremely critical
- Ability to work with large amounts of data and organize in a logical and efficient manner
- Ability to work effectively with cross functional teams and produce time sensitive deliverables
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment with changing priorities
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.