Solution Architect - Level 5
- Basingstoke, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
What's it all about?
- Responsible for leading critical platform infrastructure engineering efforts in analysing and translating business information and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint that outlines solutions to achieve business objectives.
- Work with application and infrastructure teams to review or produce optimal, high level designs.
- Conduct proof-of-concept projects to validate new feature sets and 3rd party technologies.
- Analyse the current architecture to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for continuous improvement such as improving business processes, expanding capacity, reducing cost and increasing effectiveness.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Document all solution architecture design and analysis work.
- Interface with internal IT management leadership, technical leadership and external requestors as a strategic value-add point to improve IT for completeness, consistency, availability, satisfaction, and to deliver quality services.
- Lead and establish system requirements, designs/architecture and manage critical infrastructure deliverables while driving Technology Standards.
- Utilize data-driven approaches and methodologies to reduce IT process gaps and enhance process effectiveness through automation.
- Monitor the processes, policies, procedures and standards applicability, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Review complex processes, manage customer service and provide regular technical reports both verbal and statistical showing status of ongoing projects and goals.
- Lead continuous availability programs and initiatives for specific platforms to strengthen resiliency and recovery capabilities to 5'9s.
What we're after...
- High level of experience in an Infrastructure Engineering or Software Development role for Platform Services with a preference for experience in a Solutions Architectural role.
- Understanding of Application Architecture is highly preferable.
- Preference for Systems Engineering background with focus to Hadoop based platforms (Compute, Middleware, DB, and / or Storage Engineering).
- Proven ability to develop detailed solution architecture designs.
- Understanding of Architecture Constructs - (Architecture & Design patterns, protocols SOAP, REST, etc.) and Development Methodologies (Agile, Waterfall)
- Demonstrable ability to deliver results with large-scale & cross-functional teams leveraging efficient processes via automation.
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor; including financial modeling skills.
- Expertise in information technology industry with HA & High Volume processing environments.
- Superior communication (written/verbal), presentation, and facilitation skills.
- Familiar with ITIL concepts; especially Service Design and Service Orientation.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.