Senior IT Organizational Change Manager
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Visa Corporate IT group has embarked on a major transformation journey. We will not follow the 'traditional' IT playbook of simply purchasing off the shelf solutions and stitching them together. We are transforming ourselves into a true engineering organization where we put customer experience first, create highly leveraged (and loved) platforms with a heavy emphasis on operational excellence such as ensuring our platforms and services are unbreakable. Where we choose to continue with packaged software we will invent our way around their limitations such as poor UI or scale.
The Customer Experience (CX) team within Corporate IT believes that great design and efficient processes have the ability to engage and inspire users and we strive to rethink and redefine how users interact with our corporate applications and products. We are a team of creative and collaborative strategic thinkers, and conceptual problem solvers who make every decision an informed one. We value precision coupled with a “get it done” mindset, and look for proven skills over big egos. If you are obsessed with the customer experience, this is the team for you!
At Visa, we have an exciting opportunity for a hands-on IT Organizational Change Manager with a passion for precision, curiosity, quality, and driving end user adoption, advocacy, education, and satisfaction. Our environment is ever changing and requires an Organizational Change Manager who is flexible, self-driven, and can collaborate across cross-functional groups and locations.
The candidate will manage a myriad of organizational change initiatives for the Corporate IT organization. The candidate will focus on the people side of change, including changes to business processes, systems, tools, and technology. The primary responsibility will be creating and implementing change management strategies and plans that maximize employee adoption and usage and minimize resistance. The change manager will work to drive faster adoption, higher ultimate utilization of and proficiency with the changes that impact Visa’s employees. The candidate will support project teams in integrating change management activities into their project plans, and apply a structured methodology while leading change management activities. Responsibilities also include:
- Support the design, development, delivery and management of communications about changes to tools and processes across the CIT organization
- Evaluate and ensure user readiness
- Conduct impact analysis and change management assessment, including change readiness
- Provide input, document requirements and support the design and delivery of end user training
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress
- Identify, analyze and prepare risk mitigation tactics
- Identify and manage anticipated resistance
- Identify and manage relationships with key stakeholders
- Identify and manage relationships with executive sponsors
- Consult and coach project teams
- Support and engage senior leaders
- Coordinate efforts with other subject matter experts
- Integrate change management activities into project plans
- Track and report issues and action items
- Work with virtual teams located in different time zones and with differing cultures
- Represent the CX Team and be a strong, vocal customer/user advocate
- Be an agent for change
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 5+ years of project, program, or business analysis experience, including a minimum of 1 year of experience with change management
- Strong process orientation and a solid understanding of organizational change management principles, methodologies, tools and best practices
- Experience with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Track record of on-time, on scope, high quality implementations
- Self-motivated with the ability to exercise independent judgment with minimal direction from senior management
- Ability to coordinate activities within cross-divisional and cross-functional teams
- Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills with the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and assignments
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills; in particular, demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels internally and externally
- Excellent active listening skills
- Well-honed influencing skills; ability to negotiate and gain consensus between organizations where competing priorities exist
- Candidate must have demonstrated and be prepared to exhibit extensive initiative and ownership of project success
- Ability to analyze complex situations, set goals and objectives, and manage situations to satisfactory completion
- Simplifier, able to break-down ambiguous or complex tools and/or processes into understandable or manageable chunks to drive user adoption and satisfaction
- Collaborative and flexible, able to draw together and work with cross-functional and geographically dispersed teams
- Curious and creative, able to push boundaries, ask “why?” and “why not?”, and is tenacious with problem-solving with a propensity to persevere
- Understanding of User Experience and Design Thinking principals, tools and techniques are a plus
- Strong customer service and analytical skills required
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- Must have a passion for championing customer experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products for Windows including Word, Excel, SharePoint, and Visio
- Prosci or other change management certification or designation is desired
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less and 5% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.