Senior Program Manager (REF22088U) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Digital & Developer Product Development (DDP) develops, delivers, and manages end-to-end technology products to promote the growth of digital commerce and mobilization of payments in emerging and developed markets. The Consumer Product Development (CDP) organization within DDP is responsible for the focused on consumer-driven products and solutions enabling new payment experiences that enhance security, simplify digital commerce for consumers, and eliminate complex authentication and integration processes for merchants and issuers. The Installments team is building a network agnostic installment solution, while the Digital Issuance team is creating simplified APIs for non-banking Fintech partners.
The CDP Project Management Office (PMO) works hand-in-hand with Product and Technology leads to efficiently plan, execute, and deliver on its product roadmap, including driving greater alignment between the product roadmap and development using Agile practices. The PMO is the focal point to structure new programs and projects and to lead process improvement initiatives both within CDP and across the Visa Technology organization.
CDP is looking for a Program Manager to drive key project initiatives in CDP. The right candidate will have demonstrated solid leadership in leading and managing development teams and delivering successful outcomes. This candidate is expected partner with key Business and Technical Leaders to define, prioritize and drive project portfolios to successful and impactful delivery. The will help evolve workflow processes and policies to fit the ever-changing needs and capabilities of our growing company.
This role will provide:
- Agile Project Management support to development teams with emphasis on managing a lightweight and flexible front door to support release/sprint planning, and change management.
- Support Product office to help structure product ideation to develop a program/project roadmap.
- Program Management to coordinate project and product teams for programs impacting multiple products and projects in CDP.
- Ensure all projects and programs track financials, comply with Program and Project methodologies, and provide accurate/timely reporting and issue escalation.
- Support continuous process improvement initiatives across CDP.
- Highly experienced in developing, operating and tailoring Waterfall and Agile Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies.
- Drive sprint planning, backlog grooming, daily stand-up meetings, reviews/demos, retrospectives, and other scrum ceremonies
- Agile release planning
- Develop metrics and reports using Rally to help the team understand its health and progress and to set goals
- Technical acumen to capture, communicate and drive issues/blockers/risks to resolution
- Managing effective Agile Ceremonies and tracking change controls
- Key management skills:
- Strong Communication: Clear and concise verbal and written skills
- Meeting facilitation
- Team leadership, coaching, and conflict resolution
- MS PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Project, Visio (Required)
- Manage teams in a matrixed geographically disperse environment
- Strong Coordination to interface with other technology and business teams to ensure projects adhere to Security, Sourcing, Networking, Intellectual Property and other Visa processes.
- Ability to collaborate with business and technology subject matter experts in product ideation to help refine requirements/scope and create a viable program/project including accurate and inclusive estimates, integrated plans, and securing funding approvals.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- MBA or other related advanced degree (Preferred)
- Certifications (at least one Preferred): PMP, CSM
- Experience: Professionally mature delivery technical project/release manager with hands-on continuous experience for at least the past 7 years, working with software engineers (development, test, and operations), operations, security, and business personnel.
- 8-10 years progressively more responsible experience in directly relevant Project and Program roles in an agile environment.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.