Senior Director - Global Client Testing - LAC
- Miami, FL, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Senior Director Leader – Global Client Testing Support & Services leads a professional services organization responsible for supporting global testing operational support, and operational relationship for analyst globally, third party processors, non-traditional clients, state owned entities, and direct connect vendor support. Recognized as the Visa authority for client testing tools, scripts and training on all products and services. This leader provides functional and technical leadership for all testing operational activities for analyst, driving cross-functional delivery of systems and services to clients. Provides leadership to direct-report and global cross functional staff and management to ensure effective resolution of processing and business issues with potential of significant financial implications. Builds a strong and cohesive team by providing leadership to team Global Client Testing analyst, Managers and Individual Contributors through coaching, setting strategic direction and applying working knowledge of Visa and Visa products, systems and procedures.
This position ensures that the Client Services country leads provides leadership and consulting related to their supported markets to internal stakeholder organizations including Client Services, Sales, Product, Systems, Risk and Legal. Establishes and fosters relationships with client and internal stakeholders at all levels of staff and senior management globally. Provides thought leadership and strategic guidance during the solution development process to ensure all necessary tools, processes, procedures and staff are in place to support clients testing activities successfully. This leader’s organization provides client operational expertise and leadership for the testing project execution and operational support of strategic regional, cross-regional and global Visa products and services.
Principle Responsibilities/Key Results Area
- Provide leadership, strategic direction and management for a team of test engineers and Directors, establishing a customer focused, performance based culture
- Directs functional and cross-functional support resources located in Miami and Ashburn, to assure that all Product, Sales and Client projects are successfully executed, and that business goals are supported in a cost effective, timely manner, with a resulting high level of client satisfaction.
- Provide leadership, strategic direction and management for a team of Directors, establishing a customer focused, performance based culture
- Successfully translate broad strategies into specific objectives and action plans, aligning efforts of the Client Support organization with other key Visa stakeholders.
- Ensure the Global Client Testing management team receives support and consultation related to supporting Clients/markets to internal stakeholder organizations including Client Services, Sales, Product, Systems, Risk and Legal.
- Establish and fosters relationships with Client and internal stakeholders at all levels of staff and senior management.
- Support Client Sales in sales efforts, providing service standards as required for the implementation and support of market specific products and services.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement of performance, cost effectiveness & compliance in delivery of support services to Visa clients.
- Maintain current knowledge of technologies, products, services, methods and applications and implement new approaches and practices as required.
- Maintain and build rapport with Client Support teams across Visa Inc. (Latin America geographies North America regions) to exchange, learn and leverage best practices.
- Drive creation and delivery of processing optimization models s for Signature Clients and key markets to ensure maximized transaction processing.
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15-18 years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD or PhD)
- Functional experience in bankcard operations, preferably Visa, supporting highly complex clients and/or services
- Experience managing a team of technical and/or professional services professionals
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong business relationships with internal and external stakeholders at senior and executive management levels.
- Leadership: Attract high-caliber individuals; develop teams and talent with diverse capabilities; accurately appraise the strengths and weaknesses of staff; provide constructive feedback; develops successors and talent pools.
- The ability to develop new ideas based on available information where little precedence exists.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to interact well and build strong working relationships with all levels of management.
- High level of self-motivation, initiative and drive, and ability to operate effectively as a team player across different business units.
- Subject Matter Expertise in multiple areas, gained through years of experience supporting clients and new product initiatives/existing product enhancements within a payment-processing environment.
- Ability to develop or modify existing methods or ideas to create new procedures, products, systems or services.
- Strong team player with ability to coordinate work activities and schedules with others to ensure Client commitments and overall objectives are met.
- Ability to view challenges strategically and keep pace with the demands of the business by anticipating problems and identifying opportunities, then proposing appropriate solutions, devising business cases and providing leadership to effectively implement change.
- Strong preference to be bilingual in Spanish and Portuegese
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 30% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.