Senior Director, Product Marketing (Austin, TX, Lehi, UT or San Francisco, CA)
- Lehi, UT, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa is seeking an experienced leader to run the product marketing function for CyberSource, the global payments management platform within Visa.
The Senior Director, Product Marketing role will lead a team responsible for driving the adoption and growth of CyberSource and Authorize.Net products and solutions. The successful candidate must have experience closely partnering with product and sales leaders on successful product revenue or product adoption programs in the dynamic payments industry. This thought leader will also represent the full product roadmap and suite of product and solution offerings in content relevant to external clients and partners. Success in this position requires a strong understanding of the payments and fraud ecosystem, merchants, acquirers and technology partners. The leader of this team will need to be a bold, hands-on, operational manager who is able execute against business objectives while growing and developing teams and individuals.
This role will work closely with our global product and development team to deeply understand the product capabilities and value for our targeted markets. They will also have deep expertise on competitor’s products and positioning and will keep up on emerging trends. They will have a relentless focus on customer-centric messaging rooted in solving our client’s problems and should be skilled at distilling a complex map of features and capabilities into a clear and engaging storyline.
This team will lead much of our thought leadership practice and will take a primary role in establishing CyberSource as a leader and thinker in the payments industry. The best-suited candidate be a persuasive, inspiring and visionary communicator with high emotional intelligence and will possess a strong accomplishment record of motivating teams. They will act as a visible champion of our messaging and positioning both internally and externally. This role reports to the Vice President, Head of Marketing for CyberSource.
Office Locations: San Francisco, Austin, or Lehi
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15-18 years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD or PhD)
- Proven & seasoned B2B Marketing expertise, with a deep knowledge and understanding of the payments and merchant acquiring space
- Inspiring, engaging people leader and communicator, able to set a vision and bring people with them
- Ability to operate in a hyper-growth environment
- Strategic mind-set, with exceptional clarity of thought combined with a hands on, detailed oriented approach when needed
- Deeply customer centric and passionate about understanding the needs of our clients
- Experienced and credible in building valuable relationships and influencing senior leaders and decision-makers
- Ability to build customer centric marketing capabilities with his/her team; creativity, KPI measurement, strategic messaging
- Highly skilled in metric based decision making
- 15+ years of progressive marketing team leadership experience
- 10+ years of payments industry experience
- Managing a team responsible for the creation of content for CyberSource products and solutions including, but not limited to, decks, videos, slicks, demos and blogs.
- Overseeing the creation of executive content for external presentations and events
- Cultivating a team of engaging storytellers willing to be daring and bold in the articulation of the overall CyberSource value prop
- Market intelligence—will be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria
- Understanding the competitive landscape—an expert on our competition and how they are positioned
- Collaborating with product management and marketing peers to develop product positioning and messaging that resonates with our target buyer personas
- Understanding and documenting our buyer’s process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make
- Developing a marketing plan for our products, including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers
- Assessing the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support our products and solutions on an ongoing basis with a keen eye on KPI and ROI targets
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 30-40% of the time and will work outside normal business hours to support a global team.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.