Product Manager, Visa Direct Payouts (Associate Manager Level)
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Visa Direct Payouts Team is responsible for evaluating and executing on key strategic growth initiatives critical to the long-term success of Visa Direct. A key project for the Visa Direct Payouts Team has been enhancing the Visa Direct offering beyond its traditional “push-to-card” business. A key outcome of this has been the acquisition of Earthport. With this acquisition, the platform’s receive-side reach has gone from ~50% of banked adults to 99%. Along with supporting the product launch, this role’s primary responsibility will be to help coordinate activities across various teams to ensure a successful commercial launch in 2020 of the new Visa Direct Payouts Service.
This role will also own the required analytics capabilities needed to track the success of this product at launch and over time, and articulate opportunities to improve through a metrics-based approach. In addition, the role will involve client interaction and assisting with preparing materials for both internal and external audiences.
We are seeking a Product Manager who can help drive critical growth initiatives, both globally and regionally, in a complex, matrixed environment. The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented, structured, analytical thinker with excellent communication skills and a strong interest in how products are developed and delivered. S/he enjoys variety and collaborating with people. S/he is thoughtful, curious and analytical with a desire to make an impact.
- Work cross-functionally with various teams across Visa to scope, document and implement a project plan to successfully launch the Visa Direct Payouts Service, and work on executing subsequent iterations of the Service
- Liaise with Risk, Technology, Client Services, Internal & External Counsel, Corporate Strategy, Corporate Development, Risk, BU product managers and other applicable groups to ensure flawless product execution
- Coordinate and manage initiative-specific marketing assets, i.e. explain videos, decks, trade show materials.
- Provide status, action plan and recommendations to senior leadership on an ongoing basis
- Manage and grow the required analytics capabilities to track the performance of the Visa Direct Payouts Service, using tools and dashboards i.e Tableau, to build actionable insights
- Coordinate market-facing engagements across the team at key conferences or industry events
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g., Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g., Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Strong analytical skills with familiarity of payment systems (card networks, ACH, RTP, digital wallets)
- Strong customer-facing communication skills and technical aptitude
- Ability to explain complex business and technical concepts to broad audiences in an approachable way and strong documentation skills, including PowerPoint
- Detail oriented and highly execution focused by working in conjunction with various counterparts across multiple functional groups
- Ability to quickly learn about the internal Visa systems and how it all works together
- Ability to influence, negotiate and drive results, ensuring that timelines are adhered to and any risks to the project are called out early
- Embrace change and ambiguity in an ecosystem that is rapidly evolving.
- Excellent communication skills and executive presence.
- 4+ year of global experience in the payments industry e.g. Payments processing and innovations in developed and emerging markets
- 3+ year of experience in product management
- 3+ year experience with design thinking product development methodology
- Willingness to travel up to 20%.
· Fluency in Powerpoint & Excel
· Fluency with Tableau
· Design skills
· Must be available during Pacific Time
· This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 20% of the time.
· This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law