Senior Software Engineer
- Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This role will be supporting the CEMEA Innovation Center and the Regional Solutions team:
- The CEMEA Innovation Center focuses on exploring new, innovative solutions for addressing payment related problems and opportunities. The team is working on prototyping solutions around mobile, AR/VR, IoT and more.
- The Regional Solutions Team focuses on building products that address: digitization of payments, financial inclusion and leveraging the latest technologies and trends for CEMEA (Central Europe, Middle East & Africa).
This role requires quick problem solving skills, logical thinking, and application of programming techniques to design, prototype, build, and maintain code. Deep knowledge of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms is a must. In addition to the technical skill set, the candidate will be a self-starter, results-driven, and equipped with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The Sr. Software Engineer is an individual contributor role, and this developer will lead development of several projects. These projects will be instrumental in making an impact on Visa and the payments industry as a whole.
- You’ll work with clients and partners in the Regional Solutions and Innovation Center Teams to create, prototype, build, and scale new product concepts.
- You’ll help our customers achieve their real goals by understanding their requirements and how they respond to their business needs.
- You’ll use technologies that include Java, REST, Android, React, Node.js, NoSQL, Docker and more.
- You will analyze business requirements and architect a solution that is robust and scalable along with providing technical documentation of solution.
- You have the work and academic experience that will demonstrate proficiency and ease with programming languages, code quality initiatives, scripting languages and operating systems.
- You coach and mentor your team members and help them grow professionally.
- You’ll lead meeting and discussions with cross-functional and non-technical teams.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and above all, you are a team player!
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline
- Experience in UI frameworks such as React/Angular/Backbone
- In-depth knowledge of data structures implementation and optimization
- Expert level skills in multi-threading, concurrency, and error-handling
- Expert level skills in implementing design patterns (singleton, facade, factory, observer etc.)
- Experience building enterprise scale web services (RESTful), and their scalability, resiliency, and availability
- Experience building application frameworks or reusable components
- Demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application design, and implementing large components for enterprise projects
- Knowledge of HTTP Protocol, REST, XML, J2EE, AJAX a plus
- Experience of mobile application building on native Android/iOS is a plus
- Experience in building ODATA compliant REST services
- Experience in working on cryptography and Bluetooth based transmission protocols
- Experience in IoT, NFC, machine learning, NLP
- Experience in payments tech industry