Lead Application Security Engineer
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Lead Application Security Engineer, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
Visa's Cyber Security team is looking for a Lead Application Security Engineer, who will be responsible for defining and maintaining consistent Secure Software Development Life-cycle practices for all of Visa's technology projects throughout the planning and delivery cycles, assuring the mitigation of application security vulnerabilities. You will help to define and improve the global application security programs and services; you will lead the team, as well as sharing your knowledge and expertise with other colleagues.
In this position, you are expected to be a passionate and talented application security engineer with a very deep understanding of OWASP, CWE 25, data protection, access management software vulnerabilities, best practices design and threat modelling skills. You must be dedicated and able to work with developers in a dynamic environment to produce secure code in short time frames.
What we expect of you, day to day
- Help define consistent Secure Software Development Life-cycle practices for all Visa technology projects throughout the planning and delivery cycles that assure that application security risks are mitigated
- Lead and mentor the regional team with your expertise and knowledge.
- Lead and mentor colleagues with your expertise and knowledge.
- Ensure end-to-end security of Visa products by hands-on testing, hypothesising threats, helping development teams with remediating risks upfront and championing secure implementation efforts.
- Improve secure coding practices, application security requirements, automation, training, and metrics
- Integrate threat modelling practices into the Software Development Lifecycle
- Help build secure products and standards around emerging technologies and using existing standards and security practices
- Perform Security Architecture and Low Level Application Security Design review involving: Data Protection, Authentication and Authorisations, Web Application Security and Network Security
- Collaborate with product development and solution teams proactively to manage software security risk aligned with business goals
- Collaborate with product and solution teams to achieve Cybersecurity software security program objectives
- Manage cross-functional internal and external team collaboration, evangelisation, and communications
- Develop and optimise processes to improve software development efficiency in the consumption of security development practices
- Maintain active understanding of industry practices for secure software development and incident response
What we’re after…
- Mid-level experience with Bachelor's degree or experience with Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or equivalent
- Deep understanding of OWASP Top 10 and CWE 25; with proven track record and experience in implementing and integrating remediation strategies
- Excellent understanding of web applications, web servers, layer 7 application technologies, frameworks and protocols with respect to application development and deployment
- Well versed in web application design, penetration testing, application risk assessment and risk categorisation
- Well versed (experience preferred) with driving and implementing secure development practices in to SDLC (SSDLC); ability to successfully integrate security into a developer’s world
- Success in implementing effective Secure SDLC frameworks across a large corporation.
- Ability to effectively present and communicate security threats and risks to any audience and impress upon them the mitigation techniques and strategies
- Familiar with waterfall and agile development processes and have experience integrating secure development practices into both models.
- Familiar with code management system (e.g.: BitBucket), CI/CD system (e.g.: Jenkins), Docker, Kubernetes, microservice architecture, OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect.
- Deep knowledge and experience in using SAST, DAST, IAST, SCA and fuzz testing tools
- Highly effective communicator; well-honed influencing and negotiating skills
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills; able to quickly digest any issue/problem encountered and recommend an appropriate solution.
- Self-motivated; able to work independently; able to negotiate and bring consensus to diverse priorities of product development and solution teams
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.