Senior Buyer - Level 3
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
To manage the Visa buying process with awareness to category / sub category plans, ensuring all transactions for spend less than £250k are effectively managed according to policy and ensures that vendors are not out of contract. The role will cover the entire procure to pay process, and will be predominately focused on the labour category (Consulting, recruitment, contractors, legal spend)
- Engage with stakeholders to understand business requirements and to define and implement the buying strategy, plans and processes for sourcing goods and services within a designated category or sub-categories
- Advise the business / function on buying policies, processes and best practice, providing support as required.
- In conjunction with business owners, validate requirements and guide users to the most appropriate contract and buying solutions
- Undertake market research, collating and reporting on information gained through research and analytics to support buying plans
- In conjunction with the Supplier Risk Management team, support the onboarding and ongoing due diligence of third party suppliers
- Use knowledge of the external supply market to support the business owners in development of their business strategies and buying options
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with key existing approved suppliers and identify potential new partners within categories of responsibility
- Partner with the Strategic Sourcing leads to ensure awareness and adherence to category plans
- Assist the Sourcing Team in developing the Category Strategy aligned to the Visa Europe sourcing process
- Manage and ensure compliance to the Visa Europe sourcing and procurement processes, acting as a champion and internal consultant for each stage and subsequent Gateway processes.
- Review buying activities to ensure compliance with procurement policy and process, challenging non-compliant areas of the business / function as required.
- Own, manage and track cost savings targets, policy compliance, adherence to the Visa Europe procurement process and customer service for the category or sub-category managed.
- Guide and support any colleagues on buying and related procurement matters.
- Assistance in leading streamlined processes
- Support the implementation of Ariba P2P in Visa Europe
- Educated to degree level, ideally in a business or legal discipline
- Proven and demonstrable buying experience
- Proven capability in negotiating tactical procurement deals in non-complex markets
- Proven track record in category / sub-category buying with comparable levels of spend – up to £250k
- Proven capability in negotiating sourcing deals in more than one category
- Good knowledge and application of best practice buying and procurement processes
- Good IT skills and working knowledge of Ariba or equivalent e-procurement system
- Good supplier and contract management experience would be valuable
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Energy, pace and proven track record of delivery to agreed timelines
Training & Development:
Visa are committed to your professional development and growth. Our Europe Finance (London) has received both trainee and professional accreditation from ACCA and CIMA.
These accreditations recognise Visa Europe’s high standards of staff training and development. As such we want to ensure our new hires are aware of the opportunities to them, as well as the on-going support they will receive.
Trainees and Professional Qualified Individuals can take advantage of the following to support their career development:
- Wide range of learning opportunities offered by Visa to employees
- Supported learning through ACCA and CIMA
- Simplified CPD and performance objective sign off
- Dedicated assistance when needed from the Professional bodies
- Discounted prices on a range of qualifications and support
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.