Facilities Manager - Level 6
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Facilities Manager, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
The Facilities Manager is responsible for the delivery of workspace services, facility maintenance activities, build and refurbishment project and lease management for Visa properties. The position represents Visa Global Corporate Real Estate and will interface with all levels of Visa management, vendor service organisations, property managers and local authorities.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Responsible for the activities of outsourced vendors/resources in the delivery of workplace services and ad hoc add/move/changes within the assigned location. This includes but not limited to overseeing all maintenance services such as: janitorial, specialty cleaning, pest control, housekeeping, mail/printer services, and café services.
- Manages facilities, space planning, build and refurbishment projects.
- Manages day to day operation and report to management on weekly activities.
- Cost Account management in tracking expenses in the finance tools and manage to the approved budget.
- Provides the primary contact with the local landlord/property management function to ensure Visa facility needs are being met. Ensure all state and Local codes and regulations are met.
- Manages any Business incentive programs approved for their location and interface with government officials.
- Manages site and corporate programs including but not limited to managing Visa Key Controls, Policies and Procedures, including the Site Emergency Response Program (SERP).
- Responds to and manages alarm and security incidents within the site, conducting initial investigation measures in coordination with Business Leader – Global Security & Safety.
- Responsible for issues affecting the safety and security of Visa Inc. employees, visitors and contractors in the office.
- Works with minimal supervision and is able to establish them self as subject matter expert with the local management.
- Oversees and develops maintenance plans to ensure a healthy and safe work environment, ensures vendors are executing the plan appropriately, recommends and implements changes to the plan.
- Develops budget plans and ensure fiscal responsibilities.
- Ensures Safety processes are implemented in accordance with local legislation, as well as in compliance with Visa internal standards and procedures, and identify and implement any new directives as needed to support the local office.
- Develops and oversees the implementation of maintenance contracts, making sure services are performed at the contracted time, term and conditions. Establishes and enforces service levels keeping in mind the needs of Visa staff.
- Consults with Business Leaders on any outstanding issues that arise and handles according to the developed plan.
- Develops site budgets and assists management with the development of the annual budget and keeps to the budget for all expenditures.
- Utilizes purchase requisitions and purchasing cards per the established process.
- Other responsibilities include coordinating and administering vendor relations and contractual agreements for facilities programs; interfacing with regional/country managers, as well as senior management and office personnel; interacting with building maintenance and security management to ensure a safe and secure work environment.
- Regular European travel required.
What we’re after…
- Understand and implement facilities processes in a leased office facility.
- Ability to manage vendors and interpret vendor contracts.
- Gathering the appropriate information to develop consensus – decision making.
- Experience in space planning and restack program.
- A basic understanding of risk assessment and mitigation strategies.
- Effectively work and collaborate with both internal and external clients.
- Strong customer service and personal interaction skills.
- Can handle multiple activities.
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, FM Systems, CAD, and BMS systems preferred.
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.