Visa Direct Regional Sales Leader
- Miami, FL, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Visa Direct Regional Sales Leader will lead sales acceleration for Visa Direct in LAC – Latin America & Caribbean region. This is a unique opportunity to be part of building a new ecosystem in the fast moving world of payment and one of the most important initiatives at Visa.
This role will be responsible for leading the team to achieve aggressive sales targets and ensuring breakout growth of Visa Direct across the region. We will be working in an agile environment, so this person must be aggressive and proactive to ensure we achieve our goals. Must be able to pivot and adjust as new information and lessons learned come to light.
This is a matrix, cross-functional role so organizational savvy and interpersonal skills are critical, as we interface with specialized product groups, financial institution sales, merchant and acquiring sales, client consulting, marketing and corporate communications, legal, and finance to coordinate the end goal of achieving aspirational objectives.
Visa is looking for an individual that is a thought leader in strategy and business growth with a proven record of success in fast-paced environments with demanding timelines.
Achieve or exceed aggressive sales targets for Visa Direct across the region
Drive four key workstreams for Visa Direct growth
- Work with existing Visa merchants and their Account Executives to cross-sell Visa Direct solution where a good fit exists
- Lead prospecting to non-Visa merchants to find the right contacts and build relationships, and sell where a good fit exists
- Identify and sell to acquirers, processors, gateways and FinTechs (i.e., “Enablers”) to have them add Visa Direct to their portfolio of offerings to their clients
- Develop and lead a reseller program to help those Enablers grow their new Visa Direct product offering
Work with cross functional partners across the region to ensure we have what we need to be successful with our clients
Develop the sales strategy, including determining high potential markets, use cases, and verticals, and how to deploy our resources for optimal growth.
Drive pipeline development and pipeline review process in the region
Ensure sellers are ready and able to sell Visa Direct to clients
Develop and execute a process to capture client feedback on product and value-added services, and socialize with other Visa teams, in particular the VD Platform team
Work with regional global VD product teams and operations to understand state of Issuer readiness, and state of client implementations and post-launch support
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- Creative Self-starter with a bias toward action and proven track record for successfully developing, building, launching and commercializing technology products that delight customers
- 15+ year of industry related and leadership experience, including at least two years of experience leading commercialization teams, product management, strategy organization and/or management consulting
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong focus on delivering for clients
- Excellent listening and communication skills (both verbal and written), and executive presence; must be able to interface with our most senior client executives
- Ability to explain complex business and technical concepts to a broad audiences in an approachable way to drive adaption
- Demonstrated thought leadership and the aptitude to think creatively and identify new ways to innovate and differentiate products with evidence of tangible business results
- Passionate about what you do and excited about the opportunity to transform payments working for the industry leader
- Ability to inspire direct reports and influence those without direct management responsibility
- Possess a high level of professionalism and leadership skills to build business relationships, trust and respect with business partners and suppliers
- Strong team player, self-motivated and the ability to work independently at coordinating across functional activities, obtain buy-in and elevate issues at critical junctures appropriately
- An advanced degree from a top school strongly preferred
- Visa or financial/payment industry knowledge required; push payments or real-time payments experience a plus
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.