Director, Strategic Initiatives
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of un-banked and under-served consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The "Director – Strategic Initiatives" will be a member of The Strategy and Business Planning Team within Global Merchant Sales and Acquiring. The team is responsible for strategy development, management of strategic initiatives, annual planning, and operational excellence.
The Director will be a key member of Global Merchant Sales and Acquiring team and will play critical role in driving Visa’s cross border revenue by closely partnering with the merchants, acquirers, and/or issuer sales teams and various functional teams across Visa. This core responsibility of the role will be to build partnership strategy and structure complex deals for the global markets. Ability to effectively partner with the internal cross-functional teams and comprehend the needs of strategic clients will be critical success factors for the role.
There will be significant opportunities for the director in this role in influencing Visa’s long-term strategy and solving enterprise-level questions and challenges with data and analytics, competitive intelligence and financial modelling, often partnering with executives & leaders across Visa’s organization.
- Lead the brainstorming sessions and develop rigorous, fact based, quantitative analysis to drive the cross-border partnership strategy
- Structure and solve business problems, collaborating and coordinating with a range of internal stakeholders to make recommendations on a wide range of business issues. Build out unique, creative and impactful solutions by integrating insights across Visa's many expert functional resources and supporting collaborative solution development
- Work closely with cross-functional and regional management teams on strategic projects, bringing timely and useful insight and analytical support
- Create presentations for internal approvals and external client facing partnership specific discussions. Communicate recommendations to senior management, other executive, functional, or regional staff and management in a clear, concise and high-impact way.
10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 3 + years of experience in management consulting, investment banking or corporate strategy preferred. Specific domain knowledge in payments/ merchant acquiring will be a plus
· Commercial acumen to build deal strategy for clients of disparate sizes. Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor, attention to detail and ability to structure and analyze sophisticated financial modeling
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility as a "peer" with functional and regional leaders within Visa
· Ability to independently lead and manage projects with multiple work streams, with proven leadership success over a wide variety of functional business problems
· Personal presence and ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to senior managers and external business partners
· Commitment to continuous training and improvement of employees throughout the corporate strategy function
· Self-starter, team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, with excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities
Distill complex data and analysis into clear and actionable recommendations
Package information in a clear, concise and compelling format that supports the sales strategy
Operate, and collaborate across functions.
Incumbent must make themselves available during normal business hours.
The position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.