Open Banking - Senior Data Analyst
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will work with large data sets to identify patterns and emerging trends to develop new products as well as evaluate and improve Visa's existing Open Banking products. You will be adept at manipulating data to better understand fraud, authentication and authorization statistics as well as developing a deep knowledge of available data sources and key metric definitions to draw valuable insights from consumer behavior.
- Identify new data sources and evaluate emerging technologies for data discovery usage
- Manipulate large datasets using standard tools, such as Python, Hive, HBase, MapReduce, SPARK, R, SQL, Weka, TensorFlow, etc. to extract meaningful insights
- Solve difficult, non-routine analytical problems by applying advanced analytical methods
- Implement data formulation processes, including identification of attributes, exploratory data analysis, data transformation, and temporal data structures
- Work collaboratively with other team members to formulate innovative solutions to experiment and implement advanced data mining techniques
- Translate findings into business recommendations (e.g. cost-benefit, forecasting, experiment analysis) and communicate to multiple stakeholders through visual displays of quantitative information in a clear and concise manner.
- Identifies data or conceptual gaps in data or object models and recommends appropriate changes
- Understands enterprise-wide data and object models and proactively identifies areas of reuse
- Possesses expert knowledge in the use of data analysis tools such as Python, Hive, HBase and MapReduce, SPARK, R, etc. and is effective at learning new tools
- Expert in end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations
- Is easily able to break down problems into fundamental parts in a systemic, detailed way
- Considers and critically compares multiple sides of an issue and weighs the consequences before making decisions
- Applies a variety of methods to determine the root cause of an issue
- Recognizes points for improvement and uses imagination to solve ambiguous problems, applying approaches that have been applied elsewhere, and creating own approaches
- Effectively rank orders points of uncertainty in terms of importance and relevance.
Business Communication and Translation:
- Able to ensure that non-technical colleagues efficiently understand verbal communications and key implications for their business problems
- Ability to translate and showcase analytical findings into business recommendations (e.g. cost-benefit, experiment analysis) using strong visual communications techniques and digital tools.
- Helps identify ways to perform his/her tasks in a more efficient and effective manner
- Values the importance of diverse contributions in driving accomplishments
- Works to understand various methods for developing innovative ideas, products, or solutions.
- Identifies gaps in communication loops, cross-functional teams' understanding of key issues
- Is effective at efficiently identifying and resolving conflicts or differences of opinion affecting output
- Understands nuance of how all partners' functional skills and capabilities impact the product and is able to communicate to create buy-in from them on the data science priorities
- Encourages job shadowing or learning opportunities to build cross-functional understanding
- Encourages others to express their views openly
- Customizes messages to different audiences in a thoughtful, engaging, and relevant way.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical field
- 5 years of experience working in data science
- Experience developing experimental and analytical plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, and the ability to accurately determine cause and effect relationships
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical field
- Have a passion for working with big data and professional experience in data mining, statistical analysis, predictive modeling and data manipulation
- Experience with statistical software such as R, Python, Weka, Tensorflow
- Mastery of advanced analytic tools (e.g. Hive, HBase, MapReduce), including data mining and statistical learning skills
- Ability to select the right statistical tools given a data analysis problem
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Effective presentation and data visualization skills
- Strong problem solving skills and communication skills
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours. May require occasional meetings outside of core business hours to connect with global partners.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.”.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.