Technical Account Manager
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
CyberSource, a Visa company, is a global leader in eCommerce payment management. CyberSource was one of the world's first payment gateways, connecting online merchants to payment networks, including Visa. Today, CyberSource offers a full-service payment management platform for eCommerce merchants, combining global payment processing, fraud management and payment security systems
Technical Account Managers (TAM) are the main technical liaisons for CyberSource’s Premier Enterprise merchants. As a TAM within the CyberSource Customer Support team, you will be responsible for managing the technical aspects for our merchants’ implementations on the CyberSource side, and will assist in ensuring that our merchants’ integrations are functioning optimally. TAMs assist with a merchant’s initial launch of CyberSource products and services, and are also responsible for fostering the merchant relationship after the initial implementation. Should a merchant encounter any CyberSource related concerns, the TAM would address the issue, or help drive the incident to a resolution.
- Act as primary technical point of contact for a portfolio of merchants and partners, addressing any technical challenges or payment questions a merchant that may arise.
- Manage merchant escalations until the issues have been resolved.
- Manage new merchant implementations and provide consultative payment guidance.
- Educate merchants on how new CyberSource products and functionalities may contribute to their business models.
- Monitor accounts to ensure optimal transaction performance.
- Advocate product enhancement requests with our cross-functional teams.
- Lead product trainings and perform merchant business reviews as needed.
- Build deep product knowledge in CyberSource products and services.
- Partner with Sales to build relationships with technical and business contacts across merchant account portfolio.
- Engage merchants in face to face meetings
- Occasional travel may be required ( ~10% travel)
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- Must have the ability to skillfully prioritize and manage concurrent merchant projects and issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in working with cross-functional/cross-department teams.
- A self starter with strong organization skills and resolution management.
- 3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- A track record of a strong customer focus. 3+ years of experience in a Customer Support/Account Management role is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity of technical concepts, APIs, programming languages, or markup languages are desired.
- Card-not-present and risk mitigation methodology experiences are strongly preferred.
- Experience in project management is preferred.
Work hours: 8 Hours / 5 Days per week
Travel: Position might require occasional travel for training or team meetings -
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.