Product Manager - Reporting & Analytics
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa Global Loyalty & Benefits drives card engagement via card linked offers, perks, and benefits for hundreds of millions of Visa cardholders around the world. We are executing a vision to become the world's foremost exchange for card issuers to easily build measure and expose effective loyalty programs.
We are looking for a Product Manager to drive product development for our measurement and reporting platform. In this role, you will drive the product roadmap for how data and analytics is presented to customers - including, but not limited to platform dashboards, campaign-based reporting, and customer journey reporting. You will work closely with customers to define key reporting metrics, surface data-driven insights, and present data in the platform so that it is understandable and actionable by our customers to improve the performance of client campaigns.
You will be responsible for prioritizing projects and features by balancing impact with cost tradeoffs – knowing at all times the answer to, “what are the next three things we are going to build and why.” You should possess a mix of technical strength, process orientation, and drive to challenge the status quo. We’re looking for a creative and curious product thinker who can develop and grow a compelling vision for the future of Visa's Loyalty & Benefits business.
PMs do many things, but in the end PMs ship and that means they cover whatever gaps in the process that need to be covered. As a PM on the Visa Global Loyalty & Benefits team your responsibilities will include:
Leading the team with your industry and domain expertise of reporting, data visualization, and data engineering.
Launching real-time systems and models to report client KPIs.
Launching new product capabilities leveraging VisaNet data to enhance offer segmentation and recommendation modeling.
Working with our data engineering team to fortify our data pipelines and building infrastructure to ensure we leverage our data effectively with the lowest technical cost/risk.
Building long-term instrumentation, monitoring, and reporting capabilities to empower internal and external stakeholders to manage the CLO business.
Identifying key metrics, objectives, and results that will define success.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- A BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study. MBA or PhD is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience in product management and client facing role.
- Basic understanding of Big Data technologies (Hadoop/Hive/Impala/Apache Spark/Kafka, etc.). Hands-on experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in writing and maintaining technical product documentation for a variety of audiences.
- You have experience working in scrum teams in an agile environment, tightening every feedback loop regarding the product (e.g. release often, release early, talk to customers, minimal marketable product, etc)
- Meticulous attention to detail and consistency in task execution with an ability to learn quickly with minimal supervision.
- Bonus points if you have experience with financial products and/or started a business in a related space.
- Must be available during regular business hours with flexibility to accommodate global time zones.
- This position may require travel for work up to 10-20% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law